Sign in to follow this  
Bhenn02

Service Business

Hello! I run a electrical service business and I'm trying to figure out if I can do a form for scheduling service calls. Essentially need a form that captures customers first name, last name, email (required), telephone number (required), Address (required) as well as a brief description of what they want done. Any ideas?

Hey Bhenn, for a free contact form solution I have been using Ninja Forms lately which offers all of the fields you are asking for and more: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ninja-forms/

Install the plugin, create a form, then you can embed the form to any page with a shortcode or block. Does that help?

- Alex
Check out the MD blog and follow me on Twitter.

I was going to recommend Contact Form 7, but it does have some performance concerns I don't notice in Ninja Forms. let me know how it goes - eager to see how you are using your site to capture leads!

- Alex

Thanks! I'm just as eager to get things going. It's only a couple of pages but it's a lot of work starting out. I'm trying to figure out where to paste the short code after designing the form. I downloaded ninja forms and I like it better then contact form 7 so far (we set something like that up on our current site). I really like marketers delight and how easy you've made things for novices like myself. I've made sure to also upload the child theme so if I make any customizations they'll stick. 

12 minutes ago, Bhenn02 said:

Thanks! I'm just as eager to get things going. It's only a couple of pages but it's a lot of work starting out. I'm trying to figure out where to paste the short code after designing the form

After you copy the shortcode go to the Blocks editor (edit post screen) and click the "+" icon. In the list of available Blocks search for "Shortcode" and click that to insert it into the editor. Then simply paste the shortcode in there and your form will be on your page!

14 minutes ago, Bhenn02 said:

I really like marketers delight and how easy you've made things for novices like myself. I've made sure to also upload the child theme so if I make any customizations they'll stick. 

Glad to hear and expect a lot more coming from MD soon! If you have your license key enabled you will be able to easily get those updates with the easy one-click updater. I will be around here if you have more questions during your site setup as well!

- Alex