Sign in to follow this  
Alex

What are you working on?

I thought it might be fun to see what some of your daily workflows looks like and share mine, so let's use this thread to simply post what we are working on today.

I'll start: today I went into the offices of a client and worked from there. I won't go into the details of the project but it requires me to build a totally custom theme, which makes this the first non-MD project I have taken on in years!

I have already implemented some of what I've learned from building a theme from scratch in MD4.9.4 and have enjoyed taking a fresh look at the custom build process again.

What about you?

• Like 1

- Alex
Check out the MD blog and follow me on Twitter.

It's the 4th of July in the states and I have some downtime, so digging into MD Popups. Like I mentioned in the News thread I am looking to release this as its own update and rebrand the email, popups, and future features to MD Optins afterwards. I just want to keep the updates coming and get your hands on the awesome new popups builder in MD4.9.5.

Edit: and a few hours later the live preview experience has been heavily refined and responds very quickly to your changes. It is so refreshing to see changes update instantly without refreshing, heh.

- Alex

Skipping the beach and bbq's this (4th of July) weekend.

• Instead I'll complete an audit of my clients e-course. 
  • Finish reading 'Built To Last' by Jim Collins
  • Continue setting up a Group Benefits marketplace where businesses/companies will pay for access to specific groups. It's like Groupon - with a twist. I already have 2 co's signed-up, now it's time to get this thing up and running.
  • Time permitting (on Sunday), I'll create a few custom sidebars for my main site.

• Like 1

I consult, create products and brainstorm all day

On 7/5/2019 at 4:54 PM, Ray said:

Continue setting up a Group Benefits marketplace where businesses/companies will pay for access to specific groups. It's like Groupon - with a twist. I already have 2 co's signed-up, now it's time to get this thing up and running.

I am definitely curious about this one-part of Raylosophy?

-----

An early one for me today. Looking to knock out a ton of client work by 10am, get some sun, then back on for some Premium MD projects, then find some time for MD Popups. Will update back with what I actually did when all is said and done.

• Created a testimonials page for MD using the Testimonials Dropin (link on showcase page). Will now have a quick and easy way to add testimonials to this page as they come in. I added a custom sidebar with links back to blog reviews too.
  • Redesigned the Members area for simpler navigation, removed old resources, and added new Dropins listing. Check it out!
  • Updated the design of the Changelog page
  • Moved the blog to Marketersdelight.com/blog, put landing back to front page
  • tweaked a bunch of copy, adjusted spacing on landing page
  • Added Bitcoin as an accepted payment for MD... lets see how this goes!
  • Like 1

- Alex

I like seeing MDs landing page as the front page.

Incidentally, the footer 'Blog' link still redirects to your landing page (marketersdelight.com)

As far as my the Group Benefits Marketplace - it's separate from Raylosophy. 

I'm using Group Rewards Plus dot com for Los Angeles Groups and Businesses.

The business proposition is pretty simple.

I'll get group organizers (Los Angeles Fire Department, National Audubon Society, or a local Fitness Gym, etc) to sign-up for free access to deals, discounts, and offers from businesses that they want to get deals from. They'll tell me what they want, and I'll reach out to those types of businesses - customers in hand - to see if they're interested in offering a short-run, or long-term discount.

Each group will have their own page, and businesses will be able to pay for placement on a group pages. The cost for each business will largely depend on how long they want placement and the size of the group.

The plan is to set it up and hire someone to run the day-to-day.

I'm also putting together a less intense version of this for startups and online businesses.

Just staying busy.

I consult, create products and brainstorm all day