Alex

MD Optins (4.9.5)

Wasting no time after Marketers Delight 4.9.4, I am swiftly moving to the next initiative: MD Optins.

I have been dreaming this feature out single the release of MD4.9, which added the Integrations panel, and I am so excited to finally get a move on this project!

MD Optins will merge the old email forms and popups features as well as introduce enhanced email form functionality (checkbox consents, other form fields), a few new email service integrations, and a special new kind of optin form that will really make a difference in your conversion rates.

Just about every update since MD4.9.4 has been preparing us for this stage, and I expect to move very fast on the completion of this feature thanks to those updates.

My head is still two updates ahead, but MD Optins will add features to your website that will really make your email marketing far more effective.

Here's an early look at the reorganized admin panel. While much simpler, you will be able to perform amazing website actions from here. Understand that as MD gets simpler, your capabilities expand astronomically.

I will keep you updated here and am open to any feedback and questions throughout the development process.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 6.12.42 PM.png

• Like 3

- Alex
Check out the MD blog and follow me on Twitter.

A huge part of the new MD Optins system is to make sure creating popups is fast and easy. The Popups Designer is getting a total UI overhaul and a whole new rethinking of the popups creation process.

Instead of trying to build popup designs piece by piece you will be able to toggle through premade templates that all interact with the same text, image, and optin settings for a controlled and easier popup creation process.

Even creating custom popup templates from the Designer will be made easier, and adding your own custom popup templates from your child theme will be as easy as using a filter and writing HTML and CSS (keeping things simple!). I will be releasing MD Optins with a few nicely designed popup templates and then open the doors to showing you how to create some too, and plenty more will be added later down the road too.

You can see an early preview below for an idea of how the new Popups Designer will work. This doesn't show much, but hopefully gives you an idea of its flexibility in comparison to the current way:

• Like 2

- Alex

Making a little progress daily and I've decided that the best way to release MD Optins is to do it one update at a time. The revamped MD Popups is nearing completion and MD4.9.5 ships all kinds of other great improvements which I am excited to share!

MD Popups will ship with 6 custom templates and some very powerful custom template/HTML tools that will allow you to build your own if you wanted. Thanks to the new Popups system, I will be able to create a library of custom popup templates you will soon also be able to import into your sites to extend MD's awesome default popup templates.

Will show more soon, but here's an idea of one of the templates in action:

1651143227_ScreenShot2019-07-01at7_47_43PM.thumb.png.57f6137e110e86f7a6071c9a2fd73e9a.png

• Like 2

- Alex