Sign in to follow this  
Alex

Do you use WooCommerce?

Do you use WooCommerce?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use WooCommerce?

• Yes, I currently use WooCommerce
    • No, but I am thinking about using it
    • No, I use something else (reply to this thread)

I built a sweet integration for WooCommerce into an MD client project, and I am working now to bundle it smoothly into the next Marketers Delight update. As a passing thought, how many of you use WooCommerce and would think a style integration with some bonus features would benefit you?

Here's an early screenshot of the settings screen for the WooCommerce integration coming into MD4.9.4. Not looking to go overboard as I am only an intermediate with WooCommerce, but this should give us just enough styling for a basic store and a couple of "cherry on top" kind of features.

I believe @Maikel is the Woo expert around here, so maybe he has some thoughts. :D

2001905909_ScreenShot2019-04-02at11_15_01PM.thumb.png.27d32d65cab3777a46ddbfe31c0b01f6.png

Woo expert... Oh boy, I can't handle the pressure ;-)

I really like the features!
Cart icon and minimal checkout fields are things i need to implement on multiple websites. This will make it a lot easier. :-)

With MD you can also build good salespages, but i don't like the default WooCommerce checkoutpage. That's the reason i'm using different checkout pages for each digital product (see uploaded file). Maybe this would benefit more MD customers if you could integrate this functionality into MD. :-)

Since you can already connect MD to an email service provider, it would be great if you can collect email 
addresses when someone buys a product from your store. To segment the customers, sending tags to the email service provider with the product name would be helpfull as well.

FireShot Capture 011 - WordPress Onderhoud Training - Webtalis Academy - academy.webtalis.nl.png

• Like 1

Glad to hear these features look useful!

I like your suggestions here - which plugin do you use to make multiple checkout pages? The current drawback of the "Minimal" settings it that they will be applied to all checkout pages rather than being able to enable it on a page by page basis.

I have a tagging feature coming in the revamped version of MD Optins I am working on, and is it currently possible to add that email signup checkbox to WooCommerce?

Great looking checkout page by the way - does that use MD Custom sidebars?

I'm using the WooCommerce Quick Checkout (paid) plugin to make multiple checkout pages. Not really a big drawback i think, but i get your point. For the few websites that sell digital and physical products, it would be awesome to select what they want for each product.

It's not possible to add a email signup checkbox out of the box. I'm using a plugin to do this (ES Woocommerce ActiveCampaign), but i'm not using the checkbox feature they have, I just add new customers to my mailinglist automatically after the order is completed. I need to do it this way because i need to contact them about the course. :ph34r:

Yes, i'm using MD Custom sidebars on the checkout page as well.

1 hour ago, Maikel said:

I'm using the WooCommerce Quick Checkout (paid) plugin to make multiple checkout pages. Not really a big drawback i think, but i get your point. For the few websites that sell digital and physical products, it would be awesome to select what they want for each product.

Definitely, I think I will keep it global for now, and then when the inevitable day comes for this feature request it will be easy to bake in. :)

1 hour ago, Maikel said:

I'm using a plugin to do this (ES Woocommerce ActiveCampaign), but i'm not using the checkbox feature they have, I just add new customers to my mailinglist automatically after the order is completed. I need to do it this way because i need to contact them about the course. :ph34r:

That's similar to how I have to approve forum accounts here, unfortunately there isn't a bridge between my eCommerce and this forum software. If that plugin exists though, why not enable it to save you the effort of manually adding them?

3 hours ago, Alex said:

That's similar to how I have to approve forum accounts here, unfortunately there isn't a bridge between my eCommerce and this forum software. If that plugin exists though, why not enable it to save you the effort of manually adding them? 

I didn't mean it like that. Everything is automated, no manually stuff for me.
I meant that i don't use the checkbox, even if it is maybe required by some laws nowdays (not sure for paying customers though), because i need them on my mailinglijst to sent them automated mails for the course. So i just didn't want the checkbox, because then it's optional to subscribe.

To bad there isn't any bridge yet for EDD/WP and Invision. I used to sync WP contacts with IPBWI for WordPress v4, but that plugin looks outdated now.