Sign in to follow this  
Alex

Are you getting used to the new Blocks Editor?

Do you like the Blocks Editor yet?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like the Blocks Editor yet?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't tried it yet

Of course I'm talking about "Gutenberg," but I think since it's merged into WordPress that we're supposed to call it the "Blocks Editor" by now. :blink:

Anyways, the newly released Marketers Delight 4.9 does some pretty cool stuff with the Editor that really improves things. The biggest thing is that MD will now style your editor to match your custom web fonts and typography so at the bare minimum (which is a huge deal), your writing will look exactly as it will appear on your website.

On top of fonts MD adds its first Block which is a very nice Email Form you can design on the fly. I have great ideas for other Blocks I'll be adding, all with the intent to make writing longform sales pages easy.

That is where I really see the benefits of the Blocks Editor - for longform content writing, which is different than "page building" if you want to be on more precise terms.

It still has some pretty annoying quirks, but we can only hope those get worked out sooner rather than later.

Have you gotten used to "Gutenberg" yet? Has MD4.9 made writing in it easier? I'm intrigued to hear your experiences!