Sign in to follow this  
mrbrady

Add Update To Md4.5.x From Md4.4 And Prior To Install Page

Hey Alex -

I've still got a number of site that I haven't updated to 4.5, thankfully I've learned now to deactivate and delete the old plugins, but it might be worth adding this to the Install page for any other late adopters.

https://marketersdelight.net/getting-started/

How to Upgrade an Existing Site to MD4.5 Beta

This update process will apply to the 'release' version of MD as well. I'll shoot a video to document the process better, but the steps right now are as follows:

1. If you have any of the following MD plugins activated, disable and delete them before updating the MD theme. These features will be restored as soon as you update to MD4.5 and no content will be lost if you update right away:
    - MD Plugin
    - MD Main Menu
    - MD Popups
    - MD Footnotes
    - MD Video Lead
  2. Go to Appearance > Themes and look for the update nag on the MD Theme. Follow the update process and reactivate MD if needed (if using a child theme, do not activate the parent MD theme)
  3. If using MD Popups, you'll need to resave the Popups data by going to Appearance > MD > Popups and clicking the 'save popups' button at the bottom of the page. This will restore and missing data from your popups

AS ALWAYS, back up your site before performing any updates, especially an update as big as MD4.5. Due to the template changes and CSS updates, it's likely some pieces of your layout will look slightly different. You may also need to adjust some CSS on the Main Menu if taken from this thread.

Sign in to follow this