Sign in to follow this  
Max Nachamkin

First Md Site (Success!)

Hey all,

I designed my first website using Marketer's Delight 4.5!

Click here to view it.

This was a fun project for me, as during the development of this project I learned:

• The modular templating system of Wordpress and MD (Thanks Alex!) 
  • How to create my own child theme with my own custom templates
  • How to turn SVG files into a custom font-face to use as CSS icons
  • How to modify JS animation code and algorithms
  • Integrating Drip, Center, Leadboxes, and Analytics within custom forms and header codes
  • A bunch of random CSS/HTML tricks to get things to work

There were also a few elements that I adopted from MD's homepage and ideas from other front-end developers.

Time from start to finish: 8 days.

Overall, very happy with the first published version of the site and VERY happy with Marketer's Delight. I'd love to hear what you think!

Cheers,

Max

PS. Thank you Alex for the work you have done - I absolutely LOVE how there are no plugins I needed to install and everything was centralized and organized beautifully within the code. It is definitely now my go-to template for my own projects and my clients :)

• Like 1

Hey Max,

Your site has a really clean layout.

You chose a great color palette

...and I love the animation.

You did a great job with MD...especially with this being your first site built with Marketers Delight.

Congrats!

• Like 2

Max, the site looks great and I'm stoked you learned so much about the development side of things! Once you dig into the template system you see what you can really do with a website.

Those font icons came out great too, I did that for the first time the other day on a client site of my own—way easier than I thought!

To nitpick the design, I think the 3 boxes Page Lead at the top would look better without the background and border. Just seems to integrate into the page better. I'm glad you were able to copy the code into your site though (not hard), it's a cool little feature.

Also I like how you use a popup at the end of the story page to promote the next post in the series. You definitely have the hang of MD, excited to see what's next!

• Like 1

Hey Max,

Your site has a really clean layout.

You chose a great color palette

...and I love the animation.

You did a great job with MD...especially with this being your first site built with Marketers Delight.

Congrats!

Thank you Ray, appreciate it, and glad you like it.

Max, the site looks great and I'm stoked you learned so much about the development side of things! Once you dig into the template system you see what you can really do with a website.

Those font icons came out great too, I did that for the first time the other day on a client site of my own—way easier than I thought!

To nitpick the design, I think the 3 boxes Page Lead at the top would look better without the background and border. Just seems to integrate into the page better. I'm glad you were able to copy the code into your site though (not hard), it's a cool little feature.

Also I like how you use a popup at the end of the story page to promote the next post in the series. You definitely have the hang of MD, excited to see what's next!

Glad you like the site design! It was a fun development process - got 6 more sites I want to make, so I feel like it was a good start.

Do you have any recommendations for learning the template system besides your articles? I'd love to learn more. I've been digging around in the Wordpress Codex but perhaps you'd have some suggestions?

And ah yes...good looks on the 3 boxes background. Looks way better without it!

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

Max

Hey Max, your site and question has motivated me to get some videos together. I recorded a video on implementing the funnel boxes you did on your site and went a little deeper into the template system: https://marketersdelight.net/tv/01-custom-page-leads/

I'm open to suggestions for topics as I'd like to get more technical tutorials like this up on the show!

This site my by friend Sean has some great info on WordPress development: http://buildwpyourself.com/

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this