• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

XFtoWP Beta Testing Thread

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

I realised that the option to create a Thread from the Blog Post is now gone for me.
Have you had any similar issues?
Yes, that is the same issue Solari and I were discussing above. I have just released Patch 4 which you can download and reinstall the plugin now.

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
Yes, that is the same issue Solari and I were discussing above. I have just released Patch 4 which you can download and reinstall the plugin now.

I just installed the latest today and it resolves both issues, all good!

Props for your hard work, @Alex.

Ray

Comment

thunderclap82

Reaction score
Congrats @thunderclap82 - my inability to understand how the XF thread merge tool works has made you the creator of this new mega thread. :D

In all seriousness, I hope you have found some time to try out the new betas!

I’ve installed it and everything seems to be working fine. Unfortunately the additions you’ve made don’t apply to me so I can’t really test those out. Seems solid though.

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
Whoops! Spoke too soon - sub-menus don't show up in Wordpress admin area:

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 3.57.26 PM.png

1 Comment
Alex
Alex commented
The sub menus are actually a feature in XFtoWP 1.2. I need to put together a changelog!

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Are you saying we will no longer have access to those items?

Ray
Now I'm getting confused.

v.1.2 - adds submenu links to "XenForo" menu, creates "Connected data" page

v1.1.3 (your screenshot) - no submenu links, but Edit Strings page is already in this version

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
Ahhh, okay, I clicked the big download button in account here thinking it was the latest version when I actually downloaded the older one. Forgot to look further down for the patch releases. My mistake.

Ray

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
I deleted a post (and the associated thread on XP) on WP but it is still showing up in the connected data even after clicking the get latest forum data button. Clicking on any of the links in the connected data fields results in errors. How can I clear this up?

Thanks!
Ray
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 6.20.01 PM.png

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I deleted a post (and the associated thread on XP) on WP but it is still showing up in the connected data even after clicking the get latest forum data button. Clicking on any of the links in the connected data fields results in errors. How can I clear this up?

Thanks!
Ray
View attachment 3200
I think this is actually an edge case I found in my own testing too, where if you have only one entry in "Connected threads" and then disconnect it, it doesn't fully delete the entry. You should notice any other entry deletes fine luckily. I should be able to patch this one up, though.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I will be evaluating the plugin over the weekend to move it out of beta. Between the different tests on my end and the plugin being released for over a week with no major issues, it may be finally time to move forward. 💪

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Since registration is handled through WP, would a force accept rules add-on like this still work on Xenforo?
Unless this addon modifies the behavior of the XF API I strongly suspect it will be ignored. Nothing is altered on the XF side so user registrations over there will still work as normally.

Comment

ReneD

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to develop this great plugin! This was money well spent!

I do have a question; I am experiencing an issue with users syncing when using the woocommerce registration form and/or the UsersWP plugin. When I use Wordpress' default registration page, users are syncing just fine. Is there a setting that I need to adjust to be able to use the Woocommerce registration page or other registration plugin as I prefer to keep website users on the front-end without having access to the wp-login page.

Thanks again!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to develop this great plugin! This was money well spent!

I do have a question; I am experiencing an issue with users syncing when using the woocommerce registration form and/or the UsersWP plugin. When I use Wordpress' default registration page, users are syncing just fine. Is there a setting that I need to adjust to be able to use the Woocommerce registration page or other registration plugin as I prefer to keep website users on the front-end without having access to the wp-login page.

Thanks again!
Thank you so much for the feedback! If you have time and feel so inclined leaving a review on the XF forums would really help us out a lot. :D

Just to get the obvious out of the way: do you also have the WooCommerce + XFtoWP plugin installed and activated? It can be downloaded from your account area.

Comment

ReneD

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the feedback! If you have time and feel so inclined leaving a review on the XF forums would really help us out a lot. :D

Just to get the obvious out of the way: do you also have the WooCommerce + XFtoWP plugin installed and activated? It can be downloaded from your account area.
Yes, I downloaded both the XFtoWP + Woocommerce plugins installed and activated.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Yes, I downloaded both the XFtoWP + Woocommerce plugins installed and activated.
Thanks for the extra info. The integration should add detection from the WooCommerce register page out of the box. Can you share the URL to the register page via PM? I will be able to confirm if XFtoWP's code is running on the register page from there.

Comment