• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

XFtoWP 1.2 testing thread

thunderclap82

Reaction score
Will beta versions be made available to active subscribers? As we've discussed on Xenforo forum, I'm nearly ready to migrate from MyBB to Xenforo and the one thing I'm waiting on is the sync option that will be available soon in this plugin.

And I'll echo others here and in the thread on Xenforo that I'd prefer the Xenforo registration over Wordpress, but at the moment I'll take what I can get. :)

And while registration is done through WP, would an add-on like this for Xenforo still be usable, not for registration but for multiple account detection?

Thanks.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

I realised that the option to create a Thread from the Blog Post is now gone for me.
Have you had any similar issues?
Yes, that is the same issue Solari and I were discussing above. I have just released Patch 4 which you can download and reinstall the plugin now.

Comment

thunderclap82

Reaction score
Congrats @thunderclap82 - my inability to understand how the XF thread merge tool works has made you the creator of this new mega thread. :D

In all seriousness, I hope you have found some time to try out the new betas!

I’ve installed it and everything seems to be working fine. Unfortunately the additions you’ve made don’t apply to me so I can’t really test those out. Seems solid though.

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
Whoops! Spoke too soon - sub-menus don't show up in Wordpress admin area:

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 3.57.26 PM.png

1 Comment
Alex
Alex commented
The sub menus are actually a feature in XFtoWP 1.2. I need to put together a changelog!

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Are you saying we will no longer have access to those items?

Ray
Now I'm getting confused.

v.1.2 - adds submenu links to "XenForo" menu, creates "Connected data" page

v1.1.3 (your screenshot) - no submenu links, but Edit Strings page is already in this version

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
Ahhh, okay, I clicked the big download button in account here thinking it was the latest version when I actually downloaded the older one. Forgot to look further down for the patch releases. My mistake.

Ray

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
I deleted a post (and the associated thread on XP) on WP but it is still showing up in the connected data even after clicking the get latest forum data button. Clicking on any of the links in the connected data fields results in errors. How can I clear this up?

Thanks!
Ray
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 6.20.01 PM.png

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I deleted a post (and the associated thread on XP) on WP but it is still showing up in the connected data even after clicking the get latest forum data button. Clicking on any of the links in the connected data fields results in errors. How can I clear this up?

Thanks!
Ray
View attachment 3200
I think this is actually an edge case I found in my own testing too, where if you have only one entry in "Connected threads" and then disconnect it, it doesn't fully delete the entry. You should notice any other entry deletes fine luckily. I should be able to patch this one up, though.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I will be evaluating the plugin over the weekend to move it out of beta. Between the different tests on my end and the plugin being released for over a week with no major issues, it may be finally time to move forward. 💪

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Since registration is handled through WP, would a force accept rules add-on like this still work on Xenforo?
Unless this addon modifies the behavior of the XF API I strongly suspect it will be ignored. Nothing is altered on the XF side so user registrations over there will still work as normally.

Comment

ReneD

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to develop this great plugin! This was money well spent!

I do have a question; I am experiencing an issue with users syncing when using the woocommerce registration form and/or the UsersWP plugin. When I use Wordpress' default registration page, users are syncing just fine. Is there a setting that I need to adjust to be able to use the Woocommerce registration page or other registration plugin as I prefer to keep website users on the front-end without having access to the wp-login page.

Thanks again!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to develop this great plugin! This was money well spent!

I do have a question; I am experiencing an issue with users syncing when using the woocommerce registration form and/or the UsersWP plugin. When I use Wordpress' default registration page, users are syncing just fine. Is there a setting that I need to adjust to be able to use the Woocommerce registration page or other registration plugin as I prefer to keep website users on the front-end without having access to the wp-login page.

Thanks again!
Thank you so much for the feedback! If you have time and feel so inclined leaving a review on the XF forums would really help us out a lot. :D

Just to get the obvious out of the way: do you also have the WooCommerce + XFtoWP plugin installed and activated? It can be downloaded from your account area.

Comment

ReneD

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the feedback! If you have time and feel so inclined leaving a review on the XF forums would really help us out a lot. :D

Just to get the obvious out of the way: do you also have the WooCommerce + XFtoWP plugin installed and activated? It can be downloaded from your account area.
Yes, I downloaded both the XFtoWP + Woocommerce plugins installed and activated.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Yes, I downloaded both the XFtoWP + Woocommerce plugins installed and activated.
Thanks for the extra info. The integration should add detection from the WooCommerce register page out of the box. Can you share the URL to the register page via PM? I will be able to confirm if XFtoWP's code is running on the register page from there.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
XFtoWP 1.2 is now available to update for all licensed websites! If you've used 1.2 beta, please perform a manual plugin reinstall
- Updating to XFtoWP 1.2+? Make sure you go to WP admin > XF > Refresh forum data afterwards.

-----

New: Adds powerful user syncing capabilities to the plugin

New: Sync multiple XF users to a WP account and keep email address and password changes up to date.
---> We've developed a companion XF addon that helps ensure user's update these details from WP

New: Auto-login and redirect to XenForo when user logs in from WordPress

New: You can now setup User Actions to register users, change usergroups, send conversations + alerts, and other account changes

New: Tie together product purchases and expiration dates with User Actions to automate group promotions and demotions

New: Use the WooCommerce, MemberPress, Easy Digital Downloads, and a growing list of integration plugins to link usergroups to products and other actions

New: Adds the new Connected Data screen for a helpful overview of all connected data across websites

New: Many under-the-hood improvements to make plugin even more stable and perform better

New dev tools:
  • Use the XFWP_Integration class as the base of creating your own plugin integrations.
  • Revised XFWP Requests API for easier data handling
  • Access XF data saved to WP user accounts with xf_user_meta()
  • Check API permissions with xf_has_permissions( 'user:write,user:read' )

-----

See more:

Watch a video tour of XFtoWP User syncing features
XFtoWP 1.2 Feature Tour (Part 1)
XFtoWP 1.2 Feature Tour (Part 2)

-----

Download XFtoWP 1.2 and eCommerce integration plugins

Comment

joszwa

Reaction score
Congratulations on the alpha release Alex! Great to see the progress you've made over the past few months and can't wait to implement this in the coming months. A great surprise I just saw was the addition of being able to sync custom user fields from WP to XF, so we could reward people on our forums for things people do on our blog (commenting etc).

Quick question, I get how this works with new registrations etc. But how will it work with existing Wordpress and XenForo registrations? We have users on both platforms now, separate from each other, but it would be great if we could have the XenForo users log in to Wordpress as well. Or should they make a new account first and then link it to their XenForo account? Can they do that themselves?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
@joszwa, thanks for the kind words and for checking in! Glad to hear your project is making progress.

A great surprise I just saw was the addition of being able to sync custom user fields from WP to XF, so we could reward people on our forums for things people do on our blog (commenting etc).

Great spot! Currently XFtoWP supports a few custom fields and we do have plans to create a custom fields map setting that let's you send user profile fields data from WP to XF, so that should help a lot in your idea here.

Quick question, I get how this works with new registrations etc. But how will it work with existing Wordpress and XenForo registrations? We have users on both platforms now, separate from each other, but it would be great if we could have the XenForo users log in to Wordpress as well. Or should they make a new account first and then link it to their XenForo account? Can they do that themselves?

Until the bulk user sync tool is built, user syncing happens when a new WP user is created or a manual sync occurs. XFtoWP offers a feature similar to how we verify our forum accounts at XenForo.com—where you can display a simple form for users to add their username(s) to sync.

In our plans for the bulk sync tool, you will be able to scan your XF user database and sync any existing users from there into your WP site, instead of just relying on WP as it is now. As you can tell, this is an incremental process and version 1.2 absolutely nails the basics of user syncing—now it's time to scale up!

Hopefully by the time you are ready both of these things will be fully implemented.

Comment