• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

XFtoWP 1.2 testing thread

thunderclap82

Reaction score
Will beta versions be made available to active subscribers? As we've discussed on Xenforo forum, I'm nearly ready to migrate from MyBB to Xenforo and the one thing I'm waiting on is the sync option that will be available soon in this plugin.

And I'll echo others here and in the thread on Xenforo that I'd prefer the Xenforo registration over Wordpress, but at the moment I'll take what I can get. :)

And while registration is done through WP, would an add-on like this for Xenforo still be usable, not for registration but for multiple account detection?

Thanks.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
is it possible to sync past comments at the posts answers?
i bought this thinking its possible to convert all post comments to forums threads.

regards
No, that is not a stated feature of the plugin. You can show forum replies as blog comments on WordPress.

Comment

horchatoso

Reaction score
Yes, all is looking well for at least release candidate 1 next week. :) The full release will include more polishing of the user sync features, the ability to sync multiple forum accounts to a user, as well as a front end manual verify form, similar to Xenforo.com and also how you verified your account on XFtoWP.com. It is optional to use.
Waiting for this :D
I just installed my wp and forum, waiting for this version to be able to use it

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Another update: there are only a couple of todos left before I release beta 3. Due to introducing some major new features in this release I've opted to keep it labeled as beta but I expect it to be very short lived before the final release. Coming very soon.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
NEW: The new User Syncing capabilities coming to XFtoWP 1.2 stand to turn your once isolated WordPress website and XenForo community into a match made in heaven!

Drastically cut down user management time, create automated group promotions tied to WordPress memberships and courses, and come up with new workflows that you have never thought possible without these two powerful pieces of software now working together.

All of this and more will be demonstrated in a series of short videos, starting with part one below:

(recommended at 1.25-1.5x speed):

Timestamps:
0:00-5:00 - connecting WordPress and XenForo via the API
5:00-8:00 - mirroring XF usergroups to WordPress
8:00-15:00 - enabling user sync settings and creating the first synced user
15:23-17:50 - syncing frontend registrations
17:50-24:10 - connecting multiple XF users to a WP account, error validation, and group promotions
24:10-28:00 - syncing users from the frontend
28:00-end - that one last thing

You can expect to see XFtoWP 1.2 beta 3 (as featured in the video) to be released within 24 hours from, now just in time for the weekend. Enjoy!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I wanted to extend a big "thank you" to those of you who took the plunge and tested the latest XFtoWP beta over the weekend! We had a lot of successes tested across different site environments, and today we are building upon the solid foundation laid over the weekend with yet another new release...

Today I am pleased to announce the first WooCommerce Integration (beta) which is now available for download from your customers area:

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 2.01.41 PM.png

Alongside the progress we've made on standardizing XFtoWP integrations with the MemberPress integration plugin, we will now be focusing on releasing more integrations throughout the week for WooCommerce, LearnDash, Easy Digital Downloads, and others.

The criteria for plugin integrations are the following:
  • Ensure users are registered to XenForo on each plugin's unique registration process
  • Ensure email and passwords are updated in XenForo from each plugins unique account details pages on the WP frontend
  • Ensure user accounts are validated on register and account update so the same usernames and emails are not added to either database
  • Connect User Actions (group changes, send alerts/conversations) to execute on product purchases and expiration respectively
All of this is built on top of XFtoWP's native handling of WordPress' user registration and account updating, so any avenues for the above mentioned details to be changed are being covered by XFtoWP.

If you have been a beta tester to any degree, you will be rewarded for your time once the final version of 1.2 and all integration plugins are available. Thank you for your trust in this ambitious project, we are getting extremely close to bringing stable user syncing across XenForo and WordPress. :)

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
I have your latest above installed. I noticed new posts/replies are no longer being synced to the Wordpress side of things. How can I fix this?

Thanks.
Ray

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I have your latest above installed. I noticed new posts/replies are no longer being synced to the Wordpress side of things. How can I fix this?

Thanks.
Ray
Is this in accordance to the minutes set in between refresh in the Thread comments settings? Try setting it to 1 minute, then go refresh a page with thread comments and see if the comments update. I just did this on the XFtoWP blog without issue.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Congrats @thunderclap82 - my inability to understand how the XF thread merge tool works has made you the creator of this new mega thread. :D

In all seriousness, I hope you have found some time to try out the new betas!

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
Is this in accordance to the minutes set in between refresh in the Thread comments settings? Try setting it to 1 minute, then go refresh a page with thread comments and see if the comments update. I just did this on the XFtoWP blog without issue.

Hmm, that's another thing and could be the culprit -- I don't see a refresh setting now, here's a screen capture:

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 7.29.46 PM.png

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
@Solari does your API user have thread:read capabilities? You can check in Site Setup, maybe refresh first to see if the account still does. I did make a change to how permissions are checked, so if you can confirm that your current user does in fact have the thread:read capability then I will look further into that check for the next beta patch release.

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
Ayup, those capabilities are there. I tried refreshing to no avail. I also deleted the API key and saved to reinsert again but it acted like the API key was still there with full permissions even though it was XXXX'ed out.

Ray

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Ayup, those capabilities are there. I tried refreshing to no avail.
That is strange, there is something preventing the thread:read permission from being applied to your site. I will test a few things and report back if I find anything.

I also deleted the API key and saved to reinsert again but it acted like the API key was still there with full permissions even though it was XXXX'ed out.
It is a little wonky but here's how you can replace API keys:

1) Disconnect the API key first
2) Delete the key, paste in your new key
3) Save settings
4) Activate the new API key
5) Refresh forum data

Comment

Solari

Reaction score
UPDATE -- this time I manually reselected the permissions on XF side for API and saved it again and now the thread timer is showing up. Very strange as the proper permissions were in place before, I guess it just needed to be re-saved somehow.

Ray

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
UPDATE -- this time I manually reselected the permissions on XF side for API and saved it again and now the thread timer is showing up. Very strange as the proper permissions were in place before, I guess it just needed to be re-saved somehow.

Ray
Glad to hear, and your report here did uncover a genuine bug that blocks permissions if the API scopes are selected in a certain way. I'm going to release the patch momentarily, thank you @Solari! đź’Ş

In case anybody is counting, this is a unique issue with 1.2 Beta and wouldn't happen in the current 1.1.x stable series. Gotta love beta shenanigans. :)

Comment