• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

XFtoWP 1.2 Beta Testing Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderclap82

Reaction score
Will beta versions be made available to active subscribers? As we've discussed on Xenforo forum, I'm nearly ready to migrate from MyBB to Xenforo and the one thing I'm waiting on is the sync option that will be available soon in this plugin.

And I'll echo others here and in the thread on Xenforo that I'd prefer the Xenforo registration over Wordpress, but at the moment I'll take what I can get. :)

And while registration is done through WP, would an add-on like this for Xenforo still be usable, not for registration but for multiple account detection?

Thanks.

thunderclap82

Reaction score
Users are only synced when 1) manually from the Edit users panel or 2) on WP registration. Logging into WP doesn't guarantee the same user credentials exist yet on XenForo so they must be verified first to then be able to do things like redirect and login to XF after logging into WP (which is a setting).

I'll check the password rest actions to see what may be acting up. I'm sure you've also checked the "Sync user edit email and password changes" on the User actions > Settings tab too?
Is there some way, maybe upon the initial install, to run a scan and sync existing users? It could then force a logout and require a password reset? I'm spitballing here but I think there needs to be a more practical way of getting existing users in sync.

As for the Sync user edit setting yes, it's checked in Settings.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Is there some way, maybe upon the initial install, to run a scan and sync existing users? It could then force a logout and require a password reset? I'm spitballing here but I think there needs to be a more practical way of getting existing users in sync.
That is possible and a goal for beta 3 or after the stable release. There are some valuable bulk actions that would be nice to have in the plugin and mass verify is definitely one of them.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
@thunderclap82 I've just tested the edit password from the WP User edit and frontend reset password and both successfully updated the password on XF. I wonder what may be different on your site.

Comment

thunderclap82

Reaction score
@thunderclap82 I've just tested the edit password from the WP User edit and frontend reset password and both successfully updated the password on XF. I wonder what may be different on your site.
I think it has to do with existing users. If they haven't been manually synced and the password reset forced from within the WP User option it doesn't work. It works fine for new users who have been created since the installation of the plugin, just not old ones. That's why I was asking if there would be an auto sync feature at some point.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I think it has to do with existing users. If they haven't been manually synced and the password reset forced from within the WP User option it doesn't work. It works fine for new users who have been created since the installation of the plugin, just not old ones. That's why I was asking if there would be an auto sync feature at some point.
Ahh, understood. It is expected for those actions not to work if they aren't connected so all good there. I did more digging into the XenForo API and actually see a way to get all XF users and run them through actions from WP. So that is huge news.

Question for you - how many members does your forum have?

Comment

thunderclap82

Reaction score
Question for you - how many members does your forum have?
Xenforo has 20,430 users while WP shows 39,832. I suspect many of these are old spam accounts from when the site originally started in 2006 (before my time) and before we started syncing accounts in 2012. Another reason I want to use BuddyPress with its email verification timed deletion plugin. :)

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Xenforo has 20,430 users while WP shows 39,832. I suspect many of these are old spam accounts from when the site originally started in 2006 (before my time) and before we started syncing accounts in 2012. Another reason I want to use BuddyPress with its email verification timed deletion plugin. :)
Good, it's definitely important for the plugin to only sync the proper accounts and not introduce junk into the sync process. Hopefully this helps get some of your accounts cleaned up. :D

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
As beta 2 is now ready, I'm going to close this and direct all feedback to the new thread:

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.