• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

WP users not getting Logged in

cejay

Reaction score
I've setup the plugin as per your instructions, but users still have to login twice. I've gone into the profiles of several and clicked the "sync" button to link WP profiles with Xenforo (with 400 users, this took a while.)

• How can I make the logins automatic?
  • Can you explain what an action is on the XF setup. "Run on user verify" would be do ??? when the user "verfies" (does that mean login?)
  • Can primary groups sync such that, when a user logs in to the WP website, if they have a "role" of inactive, their Group in XP is changed to the group of "inactive." Note: In Xenforo, we have two groups: Registered and Inactive. Each group has different permission levels. Our membership plugin moves members between these roles based on their subscription status.
I think that is all. I was waiting for a reply to a previous questions, but I may have been posting in the wrong thread.

cejay

Reaction score
Am i requesting support in the wrong spot? Is there a ticketing system for support that I overlooked?
I would like some help on this.

I setup the super user API Keys with all permissions (although I only want user sync) and I've manually synced a bunch of users. I don't know what else to do to make this work, and this isn't my first post on this request.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi cejay, sorry for the late reply. Starting your own topic like you have here is the best way to get support.

How can I make the logins automatic?
Enable WP admin > XenForo > user sync > redirect after login

Can you explain what an action is on the XF setup. "Run on user verify" would be do ??? when the user "verfies" (does that mean login?)
This action is run whenever a user manually syncs themselves, or you, an admin does it from the edit profile settings.

Can primary groups sync such that, when a user logs in to the WP website, if they have a "role" of inactive, their Group in XP is changed to the group of "inactive."
It is possible to change the primary user group, but when developing these features we specifically chose to alter sub groups as per recommended in the XenForo docs for using usergroups. I am open to adding this capability at a later date if it gets more interest.

Comment

cejay

Reaction score
Enable WP admin > XenForo > user sync > redirect after login
Just to clarify, the automatic login only works if they are redirected to the Xenforo forum after logging in.
I don't want the website to work that way. Upon logging in, users are taken to the protected content part of the website and they can go to the discussion board by choosing the appropriate button.

In regards to groups and secondary groups... To make this work, I would need to make an "all users" group in Xenforo with no permissions. Then I would create a secondary "subscribed" group that would get permissions to view and edit.

Is there a way to have the WP role sync to the Xenforo group automatically upon login to WP, or via a task/CRON that runs on an interval?

thanks!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Just to clarify, the automatic login only works if they are redirected to the Xenforo forum after logging in.
I don't want the website to work that way. Upon logging in, users are taken to the protected content part of the website and they can go to the discussion board by choosing the appropriate button.
Correct, that is the only route we have in the plugin for automatic login at this time.

In the next plugin version we are going to release a special shortcode that generates a secure auth URL so the member can login automatically by clicking that link. You will place this shortcode on your WP site where you normally link to a static forum URL and member's will always be logged in once clicked from those links.

In regards to groups and secondary groups... To make this work, I would need to make an "all users" group in Xenforo with no permissions. Then I would create a secondary "subscribed" group that would get permissions to view and edit.
According to XF best practices, every member should be in the Registered group (including Admins and Moderators) and assigned secondary groups to override those permissions. In your case, yes, it sounds like you can disable the permissions for those in the Registered group by default, and only give access to users who have a secondary group applied which would give the necessary "Yes" permissions you create.

Is there a way to have the WP role sync to the Xenforo group automatically upon login to WP, or via a task/CRON that runs on an interval?
Currently the three ways users get verified are:

1) Upon user registrations
2) Upon product purchase (with eCommerce integration)
3) Manual user sync (via Edit User screen or frontend form)

We've had requests for user accounts to get synced on login, which we like, and are saving it for a future release. Currently we are developing 1) the auto-login shortcode 2) bulk-processing tool to sync all XF users to WP, for the next release of XFtoWP.

Comment

cejay

Reaction score
bulk-processing tool to sync all XF users to WP, for the next release of XFtoWP.
This will be good. Will it be possible to run the bulk-processing tool with a CRON? That would be a "quick fix" until the "sync on login" feature is implemented. Is there an estimated launch date for the new version?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
This will be good. Will it be possible to run the bulk-processing tool with a CRON? That would be a "quick fix" until the "sync on login" feature is implemented. Is there an estimated launch date for the new version?
It's a batch tool you would run on install that will batch process all users from XF and import them into WP, and vice-versa. Once run you theoretically wouldn't need to run it again as a users who register on WP will be auto registered to XF from that point forward.

Comment