• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

WordPress 5.8 discussion

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Welp, WordPress 5.8 has been released and with it comes even more advancement of the Block editor taking over the workflows we've grown accustomed to:

Outside of major in-editor improvements, which seem cool, the biggest changes have come to the Widgets screen. The old Widgets screen we've used for years has been redesigned with Block Editor support, which at first glance is a crowded mess of widget areas with way too much going on.

What are your thoughts on WordPress 5.8? I personally can't find anything in it I've wanted and will be amusingly watching the new Classic Widgets plugin gain rapid popularity.

gauravtiwari

Blogger
Reaction score
Website
gauravtiwari.org
I personally didn't like the new widget workflow, but it is what it is — the forced future. Let's talk about something I really liked: The theme.json file. It's a great way to customize your writing experience in Block Editor and a great cheatsheet for Developers. You can easily reduce the css file size of your theme and inherit styles from block-editor css.

PS: [testimonial] shortcode renders only one testimonial at a time. Is that intentional?

Comment