What can MD do better to work with Page Builders?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hey everyone, you know better than me so I thought I'd ask you:

Is there anything MD can do to work better with page builders?

Years ago I added the Builder Template, which is a page template you can apply to posts and pages to clear the content area entirely.

Is that the smoothest approach, or is there a prefered way you like to use page builders? Let's brainstorm ideas here!

Maikel

MD support
Reaction score
I didn't test how it works on MD5 yet, but the problem i had with Page builders and MD was that you needed to put the css class format-text-main on many things for the correct text style. Had something to do with the margin for <p> and a few other small things.

I'm afraid i need to redo those pages since format-text-main changed to format. But i didn't test it yet, so maybe i don't need to do a thing. 😅.

But my suggestion. Make basic styling work like the rest of the website, unless it's changed in the pagebuilder settings.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Sounds about right. One way to quickly change .format-text-main across your site could be the plugin "Better Search and Replace" where it will search your entire database and text for any strings you input.

My assumption about using page builders was that they brought their own styles, so some of MD's may conflict? The first idea in my mind was that I could wrap the Builder Template with the format class so MD's styles apply.