Weird display in edit mode

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a weird behavior here. @Alex , since you are the one having credentials to access my Edit page, can you please have a look at this (my Articles section). You should see this weird display. You can even see the title of the article:
1593512100433.png

If you look at the Edit post, here is how it looks like:

1593512199570.png

To create that draft post, I actually duplicate this other post using the following Duplicate option:
1593512289915.png

You will find the code related to that Duplicate option in MyFunctions.php.
I assume the issue might come from this?
The Duplicate seems to work perfectly when duplicating pages. But may be not for posts?

Based on what you will confirm or not, here is my question: what is the best way to duplicate posts (and pages)?
The initial post I listed above is to be considered as a TEMPLATE post I will use EVERY WEEK to create posts on new topics based on the same layout and content structure (meaning, some sentences will be to be kept as is from o,ne post to another).

I see you mention a plugin in the past, but seeing how things evolve at light-speed, I'm asking for a confirmation on the best way to do this again. I added the code to MyFunctions.php to keep my site un-bloated with plugins, following your own philosophy. What is the best way to use such TEMPLATES to create my new posts?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
There was a mistake with the YouTube follow embed code that broke the whole page so the issue should be fixed. You have to be careful when pasting HTML into your site because even one missing </div> tag (like I found in your post) will break the entire layout.

With great power comes great responsibility. ;)

Also try the new Site Design > Content > Loop settings, you will be able to design a much nicer blog.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Are you saying my blog is ugly? Lol. I used MD to design it, you should contact @Alex the owner, he is a nice and smart man. :ROFLMAO:
So you like Spiderman too. Were you able to catch a few things from my YT videos in French or what? I'm impressed...
Can you elaborate why I should go for the Loop? The word itself does not echo in my French mind. Just one reason please?

Coming back the page I duplicated, I ONLY duplicated a page that is working fine. So mlay be the duplicate opeeration created the issue you are referring to with <div>?
I notice another issue on the duplicated page. Can you see the U0026 on the button text:

1593604317951.png

Sorry to come back to my initial request, but this is how my mind works: What's your advice to duplicate posts, based on what I summarized above?