• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Try out the new Marketers Delight 5.3 Beta Today

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I don't have any errors as such, its just not displaying anything under the header...

The backend all looks good... See screenshot of dropins page...
That is very good news, thanks for sharing the screenshot!

@gauravtiwari You should expect to see the same page after the upgrade. There is something about your hosting environment conflicting with the updater script.

I don't have any errors as such, its just not displaying anything under the header...
Hmm, there is definitely an error somewhere. If that doesn't work, install the free "Query Monitor" plugin—that will tell us everything.

Comment

amalseed

MD customer
Reaction score
If there is anything you want me to test or do, just let me know (see screenshot of errors).

If you want access to the backend of the site, happy to send you a login.

Attachments

• screencapture-10am-au-2021-06-08-17_02_24.png
    screencapture-10am-au-2021-06-08-17_02_24.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 3
2 Comments
Alex
Alex commented
Darn, that screenshot is almost helpful! Sure, send me a WP admin login over PM and I'll gladly look into it. Believe it or not, seems like a minor typo somewhere.

amalseed
amalseed commented
Sent mate (to your gmail)...

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
If you want access to the backend of the site, happy to send you a login.
Thank you! Easy fix indeed - the MD + Woo Drop-in was not detecting that the WooCommerce plugin was disabled, so I disabled the Drop-in. I'll make a fix so it auto disables if Woo plugin is not found.

Looking around now, the site looks like it upgraded flawlessly! Let me know if you see anything out of place but otherwise it's great to see this success.

Comment

amalseed

MD customer
Reaction score
Sounds good, I am happy for you to do whatever you need to the site, if it helps (for testing purposes), it's not my main site, just where I test things first.

Comment

amalseed

MD customer
Reaction score
Looking around now, the site looks like it upgraded flawlessly! Let me know if you see anything out of place but otherwise it's great to see this success.
Looks pretty much the same as it was to me. :) That's gotta be a good thing...

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Sounds good, I am happy for you to do whatever you need to the site, if it helps (for testing purposes), it's not my main site, just where I test things first.
Thanks, I looked around when I was done and am very pleased to see your admin settings and customization's all remained. You are going to be able to do some really cool stuff once we get more Drop-ins pumping. 💪

Looks pretty much the same as it was to me. :) That's gotta be a good thing...
It's even more special because of how much drastically changed under the hood, yet your website on the frontend remained the same. MD5.3 is more of a system change rather than cosmetic (apart from the new Drop-ins admin page), so we are expecting websites to remain exactly the same after this update and anything less is a bug.

I'm glad you were able to perform the first successful update (outside of our own testing), and there should be many others to follow!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Marketers Delight 5.3 Beta 2 is now available for download! Go to your account area to download now.

No new features have been included and the only thing new in this release is a tweak to the upgrade process. During our testing we found there are certain web hosts that aren't compatible with the specific file update process in MD5.3 so we've come up with an alternative approach to reach wider support.

All are welcome to test MD5.3 Beta 2, but this is really only for those who experienced issues upgrading in the first beta.

@gauravtiwari, this will benefit you on your test site and I hope you can try this one out for us soon!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Tried.
> It throws a critical error if you have Glossary drop installed. Removed Glossay and all was fine.
> I am unable to install dropins. That process icons spins and spins forever.
View attachment 3281
Something is still wrong—the "Installed" list is supposed to be full of the pre-installed Drop-ins so the upgrade process is still not being activated on your server. Did you get any errors before that?

Comment