• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Syncing users of a specific role only

AshleyUK

Reaction score
Is there a way to sync users from only a specific wordpress role?

My forum is a sellers only forum (no customers), my website is a marketplace. I only want sellers who have the wordpress user role of 'Store Vendor' to sync across. Is this possible? I would like it to be automatic too.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi Ashley, thanks for your question.

My forum is a sellers only forum (no customers), my website is a marketplace. I only want sellers who have the wordpress user role of 'Store Vendor' to sync across. Is this possible? I would like it to be automatic too.

Once XFtoWP 1.2 is out of beta the next focus is on a bulk process tool that can do things like:
  1. Sync WP users as XF users*
  2. Sync XF users as WP users*
  3. Mass create threads
  4. Update canonical URLs
  5. Import from other WP-XF integrations
etc.

I will consider adding user roles to the user sync criteria as that does sound pretty valuable.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi Alex

Great! I look forward to the future updates 😆

Thank you
Lots of good stuff still to come. :)

What do you think about the idea of a "user lookup" tool? I see you've verified your account to this forum from XFtoWP, so one of the features nearly complete for the next beta is the ability for subscribers to self-verify themselves in a similar way.

Here's what it will look like from the subscriber's edit profile:

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 1.01.09 PM.png

Pretty easy, and I am building it to be as safe as I can and not allow subscribers to be able to change anything about a user, and only be able to search by username. This feature has been valuable from the main Marketersdelight.com account area too:

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 1.03.05 PM.png

Comment