• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Suggestion: Full text added to XF thread

Rush

Reaction score
I can't seem to find this as an option, but can the ability to add the full post text into the forum thread be added instead of just the excerpt?

This is really useful for forums such as ours where we have a solid forum community that stays inside the forum and doesn't always visit the WP part of the site.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
See my reply here:

Comment

Rush

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out Alex. Would a workaround be to take say the first paragraph and strip images out?

The reason the excerpt is not always ideal is that it can't be too long and sometimes it's also tweaked specifically for SEO purposes which doesn't read quite as well as a teaser inside a Xenforo post for people to click through and read the full piece on WP.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
That's one method I can try, but still leaves the issue of any HTML within the post. I suppose it's possible to strip HTML tags myself, but that may leave some weirdness inside posts.

I'm willing to revisit it again since it's been a couple of months and has been a highly requested feature, but it may be an unfortunate limitation until XenForo is able to change anything in the core software itself.

You can always copy and paste the full content yourself in the XF threads box, though of course that is manual action and not helpful if you're looking to incorporate full post content in an automated process. I'll try to figure something out here!

Comment