• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Suggestion: Display comments under 'View Comments' button

Andro

Client
Reaction score
I would like to suggest an addition to the Comments display option.

Display the comments behind a [View Comments] button and lazy load the comments list on click of the button.

The reason behind the suggestion is, Google takes the post content + comments section content as the overall ranking factor and since thread discussions/comments aren't always productive it does harm to the original content in such cases. Hiding them behind a button helps combating this issue and since they aren't displayed, lazy loading them on demand improves the page speed scores.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I'd love to see this feature too as I've found that comment threads can sometimes load too much extra content.

Full quote messages, videos, images—it can easily be more HTML than the post content on longer conversations. I see the best implementation to include:

- Lazy load when #forum-comments div is scrolled to
- Option to only load when "view comments" button is clicked, as per your suggestion

Comment