Third party Setup Between 2 Subdomains?

TC3

Reaction score
Hi there,

Are there any known issues with connecting a WP site on one subdomain, with Xenforo on another subdomain? I've gone through the setup steps, but it doesn't appear that the two are connected.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for posting here!

This setup should work perfectly fine, are there any error messages showing in your admin panel? You should see a green checkmark on the Site Setup options once connected and the name of your community will appear as the title on the XFtoWP settings page. Any more information you can provide at what appears to not be working will be helpful!

Comment

TC3

Reaction score
Hi Alex,

Happy New Year! Thanks for the quick response. Can I PM you with some of the details? I'm not getting a green checkmark, although I have both the Xenforo API and License keys entered. I've tried created multiple API keys in Xenforo, including the Super User key, but none of them seem to take in the plugin.

I'm still seeing this in yellow:

"TIP: Enter the Board URL and API Key from your XenForo installation below. Once entered, save settings above to sync your forum data to this site."

Thanks!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Thread status: On the WordPress side we found a plugin with a documented bug in a service called Freemius (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=_fs_blog_admin) so we found the plugin using it and disabled.

The next conflict is on the XenForo side and we are closing in on a solution. Both issues are related to other addons (and one has already been resolved) so I am labeling this resolved and will post back with any useful information if found.

Comment

TC3

Reaction score
Thanks Alex for the amazing supprt!

Thread status: On the WordPress side we found a plugin with a documented bug in a service called Freemius (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=_fs_blog_admin) so we found the plugin using it and disabled.

The next conflict is on the XenForo side and we are closing in on a solution. Both issues are related to other addons (and one has already been resolved) so I am labeling this resolved and will post back with any useful information if found.

Comment