• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Questions about the plugin

Luke

Reaction score
Hello

I have a new wordpress website and I recently purchased Xenforo. I found your plugin and have a question, please...

Is it correct that your plugin will cause every new forum user registration to also become a user on my Wordpress site automatically? If so, do they have the same username and password for both the forum and the wordpress website?.. And, if they sign in at the forum, will they also automatically be signed in to my wordpress site, and visa versa?

Finally, does it matter if my forum is a subdomain? Such as forum.mydomain.com? Or, is it better to have the forum be a folder to my domain? Such as www.mydomain.com/forum

Thanks for your help.

Luke

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your questions!

Is it correct that your plugin will cause every new forum user registration to also become a user on my Wordpress site automatically? If so, do they have the same username and password for both the forum and the wordpress website?.. And, if they sign in at the forum, will they also automatically be signed in to my wordpress site, and visa versa?
No, XFtoWP works from the WP side and primarily syncs user registrations from WP to XF. Once a WP user is connected to an XF account their email and password will sync when changed from the WP side.

We developed a companion addon to restrict email and password updates from XF and also help direct user's to the WP account area:

Finally, does it matter if my forum is a subdomain? Such as forum.mydomain.com? Or, is it better to have the forum be a folder to my domain? Such as www.mydomain.com/forum
No, you can have any configuration you need. You will have the most reliability if the sites are on the same server, but XFtoWP is designed to work across servers if needed.

Comment

cejay

Reaction score
Where do I get this add-on, what's it called? The link you sent takes me to a xenforo post which links to XFtoWP which is what I already have.

Comment

cejay

Reaction score
When I try to view your image, or any image on this blog, I get this:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
If it's pointing to a button on the upper right, all I have is "No permission to download"
Since the addon is hosted on XenForo.com, you will have to login and probably have a verified XF license to download from the Resources Manager.

Comment