Third party In progress Preview when creating a 'popup' not working?

tminarik

MD customer
Reaction score
Website
webauditr.com
I am figuring out all the CTA (Page Leads) and really like how the floating bar works.

My CTA in my floating bar should open a Popup with an email sign up form. (I’ve not integrated an email provider yet)

For now – I just want to design the popup.

To create and edit the Popup – I go to ‘Edit in Customizer’ – however, I can’t see a preview of the form, even when I select any of the Template dropdown options. I assume there should be a preview so I can see what I am designing?

Could this be an issue because I am using Thrive Architect on my home page?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
My best guess is that page template is being completely taken over by Thrive and the popup preview is not able to show. Try going to your blog page, or any page built with MD, and in the admin toolbar click the "Customize" icon to launch the Customizer.

From there navigate to the "Popups Designer" tab then select the popup you want to edit and see if that works. I will take a look at this and see if I can expand the range of the popups canvas for situations like this.

tminarik

MD customer
Reaction score
Website
webauditr.com
Thanks, Alex, I did try and change pages, but when I do, it automatically redirects to my home page when I select 'customise'.. I don't know what causes the redirect.

Edit: I've now signed up with MailerLight and connected via their API.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The way MD expects to see a page is through its own template, which is how the popups preview is routed to show up. The front page also seems to be always loaded when accessing the customizer, so I will have to look at an a different approach, which I believe is fully possible. Until then, if the front page of the site were an MD page you can expect the Popup preview to appear.

tminarik

MD customer
Reaction score
Website
webauditr.com
I've tried every single page to edit the popup designer, but I am always redirected to the home page and the popup designer does not load on the home page (which is designed with Thrive Architect. (TA)

I’ve briefly deactivated TA and your popup designer worked. So, it’s definitely an issue with TA.

I saved my new popup form, but it does not appear the same as I designed it. The email sign up form is also missing from the popup.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Did you enter an email list? Which design settings are not working? I have not found any missing settings after a quick look.Image 2020-05-08 at 3.21.10 PM.png

tminarik

MD customer
Reaction score
Website
webauditr.com
I think it is the enabling and disabling on TA that throws a few issues (cache perhaps?)

I've got it to work now, thank you. I am playing around with the options (great styles!) and I think for now I like the 'Bold Offer' template.

Questions:
When I use the 'Bold Offer' popup template - the description text does not seem to change to white (?)
The description text does change to white if I use the 'Border Box' template.

Edit: the 'join Now' button does not seem to respond and can't figure out where I have messed up..

Attachments

tminarik

MD customer
Reaction score
Website
webauditr.com
Thanks for the theme update - the MailerLite after signup message now works.

If a 'redirect' to a page could be implemented in the future as well, that would be amazing. :)

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I somehow missed your above post about the styles and will take a look! May send that out as a patch release, but so far no issues have been reported with MD5.1.1. :)

If a 'redirect' to a page could be implemented in the future as well, that would be amazing. :)
Noted and though I didn't get a chance to look into it for this last release I will keep this thread here for a reminder.

tminarik

MD customer
Reaction score
Website
webauditr.com
I could not figure out how to change the text colour to white with the provided 'settings' - so I have used basic HTML to change the font colour:

<p class="has-text-color has-white-color">

(written the text in a blog post, changed the colour to white and used the HTML to insert to my popup)