Fixed No Confirmation & Thank You Messages with MailerLite

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Can you please test my Optin form here:

1587714326548.png

I got ZERO feedback after entering an email address clicking the button.

In the WP > Appearance > Widget, you can read that the Thank you page from MailerLite should be used.
Bug?

1587714393044.png

Here are my settings for that form on MailerLite:

1587714512987.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Maikel

MD support
Reaction score
I don't use Mailerlite myself and i'm not familiar with them, but you are using a succes message. The redirect is to a page. You can choose "Custom Succes Page" in the MailerLite settings and choose a succes page URL. I don't think the succes message will work.

Maybe Alex can tell you more about the succes message and if it's possible to use it in MD.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
@Maikel Thank you for your help. That's my point: It should work with the Custom Success Page not being checked.
The sucess message you see on my screenshot is the default one that should work in ANY situation, EXCEPT IF you define a Custom Success Page.

That's the beauty of MailerLite: They do provide readay-to-use default content that can make you gain so much time when doing marketing test operations or rapid prototyping. But most people keep using those for their regular working business and its works like a charm for them.

Looking for @Alex 's check on this. I guess there must be a bug in the MD-ML integration or something...

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
@Alex , can you please share your view here?

This morning, the behavior has changed without me touching anything.

Now, when you fill in the email optin here:

1587973648477.png

... it triggers the MailerLite popup

1587973599629.png

I remember I already reported this bug a year ago or so. You fixed. It's back.

I had visitors reporting to me that they had a feeling my site could a fake one with spam for "when I fill in my email address, nothing happend on my screen"
I got this feedback a few days ago, so I checked my form and now I have the behavior described above.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Not sure what is happening here. Now the button does not even react.
I have not touched anything since my message above from Friday at 4:47.
@Alex , can you please test this and advise?

1588255797632.png

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
@Alex, can you please check you that one? Please see just above.

Second question:. I have 3 sites.
On https://www.somefrenchdude.com/ I noticed the mailerlite reference below.
1588772425003.png

I don't have that for my 2 other sites. Should it not be consistent across the 3 sites? What should I do with it?

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
This bug I reported on April 23 is still not fixed on my side, even after updates.
Since building your list is so important, @Alex can you please test by yourself and let me know if you see anything wrong? Or is there a bug in the ML-MD integration?

Also, what about the script I described in my message above?

Thank you.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
@Alex , I have people complaining about my site looking like a phishing one because they get ZERO feedback when they subscribe to my list on https://destinationmind.com/

Can you please test things and help me out here? Real quick?
I reported my issue about a month ago.

I had a communication operation scheduled for today (FridayPromo group) but I don't even dare sharing my link anymore.

Edit page

I also tried to create a new page from scratch with a brand new form in MailerLite

1589579295068.png

Same behavior. Can you please try it and tell me? The MailerLite success/confirmation message should appear if the integration was working fine, with no bug.

1589579278085.png

Thank you.

Last edited:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
High priority issue as has been reported by another member too. Will have a fix for this very soon.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Fixed in MD5.1.1.
Reason: Added missing HTML tags required for 3rd party embed forms to work with MailerLite's JavaScript. Forms will now show either inline success message or redirect to custom thank you page. The final style will be nicer than the below screenshot.

Screen Recording 2020-05-24 at 09.49 PM.gif

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
This is a nice addition I thought about requesting in the past but I was considering it to be too much cosmetic to add some burden here. Nice you came up natureally to it.

I tested the form on my page https://destinationmind.com/ .
I understand the Thank you page will only be fixed once MD5.1.1 is out.

Do youthink some technical bugs (Javascript) could also explain that my site has been blocked by Facebook robots? Or is there zero chance about this?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
This is a nice addition I thought about requesting in the past but I was considering it to be too much cosmetic to add some burden here. Nice you came up natureally to it.

I tested the form on my page https://destinationmind.com/ .
I understand the Thank you page will only be fixed once MD5.1.1 is out.
The way it will work in MD5.1.1 is more of a half-measure and will be redone once we implement a more flexible and feature complete email form signup process (track stats, ajax signup, field validation, custom fields, etc.) but yes, will be a perfectly usable solution for now.

Do youthink some technical bugs (Javascript) could also explain that my site has been blocked by Facebook robots? Or is there zero chance about this?
Likely not related.