• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Newspaper Theme: Can't disable WP Comments

joszwa

Reaction score
Heya,

I noticed that I'm not able to disable Wordpress comments without also deleting the Thread Comments. The current display setting is on "Show after WP Comments", which indeed does what it says, but when I chose "Replace WP Comments", only the WP comments remain and Thread Comments disappear.

Have you heard this before?

I am using the Newspaper theme. I could provide admin access to our WP Admin if that's helpful?

Best, Jos

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I just looked up the theme and see it is premium, so yes, an admin account will be helpful so long as I can access the code from Appearance > Theme editor.

you can private message me a test account here or have it sent to alex@marketersdelight.com

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I DM'ed you the details last week! 😊
Thanks for the reminder!

Between the parent theme and child theme I can't fully diagnose the conflict but I think there is something about how your theme loads the comments_template hook. As a workaround I set the option back to "Show after comments" and added a #respond { display: none; } to the Appearance > Themes Editor style.css.

Comment