• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Implemented Newsletter Pop-up has no indication that button has been clicked

DesignedforPixels

MD customer
Reaction score
I'm using the Simple Default Template to create a pop-up that allows users to subscribe to a MailerLite newsletter. Everything is working ok. The problem though is that when a new subscriber clicks the 'Subscribe' button there is a short delay before the green confirmation bar is displayed. When I tested it I clicked the button twice! Just wondered if I am missing a setting, maybe even in MailerLite itself!

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi @DesignedforPixels, I have heard of the need for a better way subscribe indicator for MailerLite before. To confirm, does the subscription still go through?

Comment

DesignedforPixels

MD customer
Reaction score
Hi @Alex, yes, everything works fine. When the visitor clicks the 'subscribe' button there is a delay of a few seconds where nothing appears to be happening, then the green confirmation box is displayed. Behind the scenes everything works at the Mailerlite end.

Am I right in assuming that the behaviour after clicking 'subscribe' is service specific?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing up this suggestion @DesignedforPixels! I've just improved this for the upcoming MD5.3 release which is looking good for release as soon as tomorrow (barring no unexpected roadblocks).

Here is the confusing email form submission as you've just pointed out here:

first.gif

Now a nice loading icon will be added to all email form buttons (across all MD email integrations) when the email form is successfully submitted:

fixed.gif

This change will be available in MD5.3.

Comment

DesignedforPixels

MD customer
Reaction score
Hi @Alex, well, what can I say! That is awesome news. You turned that around quickly. It is exactly what is needed, just enough so that the visitor can see activity. I'm really looking forward to MD5.3. Thanks for your support as usual.

Comment