• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

New in MD5.2.3: Add, edit, and remove custom font icons with the MD Icons Manager

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Just a heads up, we are updating our release process to now offer public betas before declaring new version of Marketers Delight as stable.

The new Font Icons Manager is part of MD5.2.3 Beta 1 which is now available from your account area. See the full changelog here.

MD5.2.3 Beta 1 is stable and safe to use on live sites, but for less advanced users I don't recommend you use beta software on live sites. There is possible some bugs have slipped through the cracks and we will be using this extended beta testing period to iron those out before officially recommending anybody update their live sites to new versions of Marketers Delight.

I will write a new blog post explaining this new release process in more detail, and if you want to try MD5.2.3 beta now you can download the new version from your account area and manually install the theme in Appearance > Themes.

Please use this thread to discuss the Font icons manager, and if you experience any bugs with other parts of MD5.2.3 please open a new thread in the support forums.

See the full changelog here

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I cannot see any icons at https://marketersdelight.com/font-icons/

Did you change icon classes totally? Remove md-icon-* class will affect all the existing sites.

No, the md-icon- class names have not been changed in CSS but are no longer stored with the md-icon- prefix in the database. There is still backwards compatibility for this in any existing options that saved icons before, like in the Optins and any Gutenberg blocks, but you won't have to worry about losing any icons data in this update.

I have just updated the page to show the proper icon details.

Comment

gauravtiwari

Blogger
Reaction score
Website
gauravtiwari.org
Good.
I think you missed a comma on line 26 of searchform.php in the beta.
<button type="submit" class="search-submit form-submit <?php echo md_icon( 'search', true); ?>" id="searchsubmit"></button>

Shows Critical Error on Search otherwise.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Good.
I think you missed a comma on line 26 of searchform.php in the beta.
<button type="submit" class="search-submit form-submit <?php echo md_icon( 'search', true); ?>" id="searchsubmit"></button>

Shows Critical Error on Search otherwise.
That's annoying, thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
One more. Pinterest share still uses the class md-icon-pinterest-squared.
View attachment 3162
Strange, I still see some inconsistencies with how a few icon classes are rendered on your site, including the md-icon-pinterest-squared class. The class name was changed to remove squared in MD5.2.3, but the old class name is left there for backwards compatibility. Can you try saving your MD settings and let me know? I want to see if it rebuilds your stylesheet with the proper icon class name.

Comment