• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Resolved Metabox on custom post types

Rush

Reaction score
Quick question. How do you get the metabox for connecting/adding threads in a custom post type?

Read the docs but nothing is appearing when adding the file to the functions

Last edited:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hey @Rush, that filter name was changed in 1.2 as it was too generic to fit with both User sync and Thread comments. I've updated the docs article to reflect the new name:

Also, you can check the full list of available filters in XFWP/assets/filters.php

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Is that a new update today? I tried that code and it didn't work sadly.
No, this changed in XFtoWP 1.2.

I just tested on my dev site by placing the function in my child theme functions.php file and it works.

Where are you placing the function code? Also, how did you get the post type ID? You can usually see it in the WP admin URL query vars when editing All Posts of the post type.

Comment

Rush

Reaction score
Using CPTUI and using the name I called them. I placed the code in my child function as always.

I did a test and added them in the core filter file and the box does appear when you do that.

Comment

Arni

Reaction score
Today our metabox disappeared for normal posts (no actions done by editors/admins).
For older posts (via XenForo->Connected Data) I can see post's forum_id and thread_id additional fields with proper ids, so I guess I can manually still connect wp post with xf thread, but why metabox could disappear?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Today our metabox disappeared for normal posts (no actions done by editors/admins).
For older posts (via XenForo->Connected Data) I can see post's forum_id and thread_id additional fields with proper ids, so I guess I can manually still connect wp post with xf thread, but why metabox could disappear?
Hi, can you please connect your forum account to your XFtoWP account here --> https://xftowp.com/customers/

Comment

Arni

Reaction score
Hi, can you please connect your forum account to your XFtoWP account here --> https://xftowp.com/customers/
Do you mean this? Should I enter here my username from this forum?

Anyway after changing API permissions on XenForo from "all" (which used to work flawlessly) to actually "selecting all" (I saw in plugins code some IFs around metabox code checking only particular permissions and decided to try it)...

... the metabox appeared again...

...but now without the possibility to create post and/or paste content of the post (as it used to be). Is this controlled by some setting now?

We are using WP 5.8 with plugin 1.2.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Do you mean this? Should I enter here my username from this forum?
Correct.

...but now without the possibility to create post and/or paste content of the post (as it used to be). Is this controlled by some setting now?
You need to also add destination forums to your WP site by adding the forum IDs to WP admin > XF > Site Setup > Forums. Once you've added forums here you will be able to use them in various actions within the plugin, including selecting a destination forum for creating new threads from the post editor.

Comment

Arni

Reaction score
Done

ou need to also add destination forums to your WP site by adding the forum IDs to WP admin > XF > Site Setup > Forums. Once you've added forums here you will be able to use them in various actions within the plugin, including selecting a destination forum for creating new threads from the post editor.
This was/is done from the begining and since then it was not changed.

The metabox disappeared few days ago (without any known action) and re-appeared (without this functionality) after I changed API permissions on XF side.

Comment

Arni

Reaction score
@Alex
Are there any other things that I need to provide or should check?

In general XFtoWP worked without a problem for months now, it just happened last days (I know it must have been triggered by something, by I dont know what that was, we dont use automatic updates).

Comment

def_rocks

Reaction score
@Alex
Are there any other things that I need to provide or should check?

In general XFtoWP worked without a problem for months now, it just happened last days (I know it must have been triggered by something, by I dont know what that was, we dont use automatic updates).

Hello @Alex

Any help here would be much appreacited. As my colleague said, few days back we lost option to create / schedule post to Xenforo from Wordpress panel. We didnt change or upgrade any software recently and all bridge settings are the same as they been before.

Now the box looks like this:

The only option we have now, is to create XF post manually and then link it to WP post. Any idea what could cause this or where to look ?

Many thanks

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Did you refresh the forum data again? Once your forum ID'S are verified you will see a bullet list with their names in the site setup > forums section. According to your screenshot, the forum ID'S have not yet been verified.

Comment

Arni

Reaction score
Did you refresh the forum data again? Once your forum ID'S are verified you will see a bullet list with their names in the site setup > forums section. According to your screenshot, the forum ID'S have not yet been verified.
What do you mean by "refresh the forum data". The button "Get the latest forum data"?

I confirm: it works now!

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
What do you mean by "refresh the forum data". The button "Get the latest forum data"?

I confirm: it works now!
Great!

Tip: any time you make changes to settings that affects data being pulled from your forum you'll want to refresh the data on WP to ensure the most up to date information is set.

When in doubt, refresh forum data. :)

Comment