MD or WP Limit? Memorizing Custom color

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
On the side bar while editing a post in WP, you can manually select a custom color. Let's say you select that blue color on my screenshot below for the background color of a block.

Then you want to reuse it for a second or third block just a bit below on the page. Damn, it's gone and you have not way to quickly know what that blue color was. In a future MD release, could we make sure this Custom Color stays locked somewhere for you to reuse?

1587053857978.png or WP

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Moved to Styling & Customization. Good question. The preselected colors you see are actually taken from MD > Site Design > Colors > Brand Colors and if that blue is one of your main colors then i recommend you set it there. This is done so you can keep your brand design consistent across posts without having to re-choose custom colors on every block element.

Otherwise, custom colors on an individual basis are not saved anywhere apart from the element you apply it to.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Thanks. No, this blue color is a color I used as what I call an "action code color".
What do I mean by that?

This is like a highlight I put on certain areas of my post draft. That way, when my text is finalized or closed to it, I know I can quickly browed the page and then start my "creative actions" to finalize the posts for real, such:
  • Adding an attention-grabbing picture here
  • Embedding video XYZ here.
  • Inserting a Call-to-Action here.
  • Etc.
The quickest way I have found to mark those areas is to change the background color in a very dinstinguish-able color, hence the blue, which is so much contrasting with my brand design and goes against it. :)

Now my part of my production process is public, I am open to any ssuggestion to improve it.
@Alex based on your feedback, I understand I should integrate this blue color in my brand design anyway, for draft review purpose only. Will do.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Addition to my previous message above. Now I see a new limit of the actual GUI.

Here are my Brand colors:
1587070290307.png

Indeed, I am using all of them. So how can I add my blue color there?
It would be even more balanced to have at least 6 colors to fill the blank space of the Brand Colors box. Then I could add my blue color. We need more spare custom color here. Or may there is alrady an option to do so that I have not noticed yet.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
When I first chose these color options to represent the brand colors I tried to extend the definition of Accent color to also mean Action color, but that seems contradictory in hindsight and I am definitely open to the idea of an Action color.

These colors may be worth expanding to (new in bold):
  1. Background color
  2. Primary color
  3. Secondary color
  4. Tertiary color (maybe gray, not fully sure about this one yet)
  5. Action color (some kind of blue)
  6. Accent color
Does that sound like it will cover more use cases?

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Will need to see as we use it, but it sounds really as a great improvement.
Don't you want to add a <mark> button for me somewhere while we're at it? lol

(Also, feel free to give me a Thumb for my previous post. It buys me credits with respect to @Alex, the owner of the site :))

Last edited:

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Generally speaking, is there a way we could get kind of a notification when a feature we asked for has been released? Just in case we miss it even when we have a habit of reading the MD release notes?
I am VERY active on this forum, trying to offer as many bug reports and enhancements and new feature requests as possible, and i'ts kind of hard for me to keep track of everything that has been fixed/released or not...