MailerLite Integration: Just beginning...

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
I just install MD 4.9.5 and I wanted to select MailerLite in Email Forms, but there is no way I can select it in the list below (it is just no-clickable to be selected)

image.png

Please note that I have already connected to MailerLite

image.png

I integrated an Email Form in the first page of my new web site and this is the error message I get:

image.png

How can I fix all this?

Thank you

Last edited:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hey Cedric, for MailerLite to work you have to create email forms in your ML account. Go to the "Forms" tab and create any Forms you want, then refresh your data from the Integrations panel and you will see them as options in your email settings.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Hey Alex,

I have a few questions. Not sure if you have a tutorial to understand how to build Email Forms and help your users understand how the whole system works (and I guess the same goes with Pops).

I was defined my Default Email form here:

image.png

When I insert an Email Form in a Page, it does not correspond to my default Form above:

image.png

See how

1. The Name Field is missing,
  2. The Email Field is different
  3. The text on the Submit Button is different...
Why is that? This is how I inserted the Email Form in my page:

image.png

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
The MD > Email Forms settings page will fill in the default email form for the Widget and shortcode ([md_email]) options - everything else starts from blank. Since the idea of the Blocks editor is to create versatile content, each new Email Block starts from scratch. However, the WP Blocks Editor has a feature called "Reusable Blocks" which allows you to save any email form or other Block and insert it across posts, and mass update it every time you edit. After you create the email form you wish to be able to reuse there should be an option beneath the menu icon with 3 dots that says "Reusable block."

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Not sure I fully understood this... 

Anyway, in Customizing > Widgets, I added a MD Email Signup Form.

image.png

A/ If I leave unchecked the option "Create Customer Email Form" option, I get the default  Email Form as defined in 

image.png

B/ If I checked the option MD Email Signup Form, I get this form:

image.png

• Where does this form is come from? 
  • How do I edit the text? (of the buttons, text field...)
  • How do I edit the colors?
(again, this form is in Customizing > >Widgets and I see no options on that panel to edit the Form) 

Do you see why I thought a dedicated, non-marketing tutorial about Forms and Popups would be useful? The info and parameters seem to be fragmented here and there. At least enough for non-developers to feel lost confused along the process.

C/ Also, when I test this form on my web site https://destinationmind.com/...

image.png

instead of having a CONFIRMATION message/page being displayed after I clicked the green button, I get a new page displaying a MailerLite form:

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
  • Where does this form is come from? 
  • How do I edit the text? (of the buttons, text field...)
  • How do I edit the colors?
After you check "create custom form" you have a blank email form to start with and it will no longer use the data from MD > Email Forms. Fill out the options in the widget to change that text, including selecting a list, and it should resolve the issue that directs to the MailerLite page.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
@Alex your reply has not enabled me to understand and fix the issue. So I will repeat. Can you please reply precisely to each of my points? Thank you for this.
I see 2 cases:

*** CASE: 1 When not checking "create custom form", why do I have the MailerLite Email Form popping up? ***

I fill in this form...

image.png

... and I get this as a result:

image.png

I don't want this. I just want ta confirm page instead.

*** CASE 2: when checking "create custom form", I see no difference in behavior. Actually nothing happens after I check this option and click the Done button. ***

First, I checked the option:

image.png

Then I clicked Done. This is what happens: The MD Email Signup Form just collapses leaving no way to fill any options in the widget.

I tested on several browsers and got the same behavior.

image.png

The message below just does not work. You could improve your GUI in making save and Done consistent. Then, the "save to begin" leads only to the widget collapsing.

image.png

Can you please explain how to make both cases/options work? Without getting a second forms provided as a result of filling in the first one? Thank you.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
*** CASE: 1 When not checking "create custom form", why do I have the MailerLite Email Form popping up? ***
Please reread my last reply more carefully because I told you the answer—after you enable the "Custom email" form in the Widget you are now working with a BLANK email form and you need to adjust the settings to make it work. I checked the top sidebar widget area and saw that you didn't have a list selected, so I chose your list and the form worked. For now though, I unchecked the custom email form and your top sidebar email form is now using the default email settings.

To be clear—after selecting "Create custom form" you need to save the Widget which will then refresh the form. This I agree with you could be a smoother interaction, but is fully functional when done right.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
@Alex, I am really sorry but I am TOTALLY CONFUSED with this one.

When I :

1. Check the Create Custom Form 
  2. Then I click the Done button to save it 
Then I still have the same issue.

I test it in filling the form on my home page:

image.png

After I have filled the form, this is what appear:

image.png

If I do not check Create Custom Form, I get this form on my hope page (I do prefer this call-to-action):

image.png

But I get the same thing I don't want after I click the button:

image.png

Again, I am completely lost with this one. 

You may think you have already given me the answer, and I am not where it comes from, but I am just lost.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
After you create the custom form, do you also select a list to use for the new custom form you initiated?

Image 2019-10-01 at 1.34.11 PM.png

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
@Alex I will keep asking the same question over and over: How do you access this:

image.png

I am losing so much time with this. I wanted to create a small video to show you what I am doing but I already described it in my messages above anyway. 

I'm just stuck on this page:

image.png

I can click Done and check or uncheck MD Email Signup Forum, nothing happens. I mean, I cannot get the screenshot you showed.

Either there is bug, and/or as I have kept requesting it for a long time now, some users like me really need a clear tutorial for Email Forms and Popups. MD for dummies? ;-)

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I feel that I have explained this clearly, so here is a video of the custom email form option in the Appearance > Widgets area:

https://cl.ly/ef8951765737

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Hey @Alex, I am sorry but this thread starts becoming like hell. So much time lost on this. Almost a month. I feel so bad for both you and I.

I will repeat I still have the same issue. After filling in the Email Form on my side bar, I do not get a Confirmation page. Instead, I get another Email Form from MailerLite:

image.png

@Alex have you tried filling my sidebar Email Form? test it for yourself and you will see.

This is the third site I create with MD and I never had issues with this before. So I am very confused why I am just failing here and succeeding in a few minutes building the same thing for my other site. Please help me get out of this nightmare. Is there a malediction? Am I too exhausted to see and understand a detail?

Or did not you understand my request? Honestly, I have no answer. Thanks for your help.

On my other site https://www.somefrenchdude.com/, here is the Confirmation message you get once you validate the Email Form:

image.png

I don't understand why this difference after I validate the Email Form between https://www.somefrenchdude.com/ and  https://destinationmind.com/

I have spent the night again comparing the setting in MailerLite since they both use MailerLite, as well as the settings in MD. I refreshed the Integration. There must be something I am just blind about????

image.png

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
@Alex I'm lost with this! I have tested plenty of things. I can't get this second Email Form to NOT display. Can you please help me fix this?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I am not totally sure either - are the webforms setup the same in MailerLite?

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
From what I see, yes. 

How can you please help me on this?

I spent SO MUCH time describing the issue.