Released Introducing Magic Loops, Blog Blocks, Byline Editor, 404 Page, and More!

MD.com

The Messenger
Reaction score
In the weirdest update number yet, Marketers Delight 5.1 is now available and introduces the powerful new Magic Loops feature to your website. Want to see how it all works? (read full article...)

Last edited by a moderator:

gauravtiwari

Blogger at https://gauravtiwari.org
Reaction score
Website
gauravtiwari.org
Please also add Shortcode support in Popups. Consider I wanted to add a contact form to a popup, how could I do that?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Please also add Shortcode support in Popups. Consider I wanted to add a contact form to a popup, how could I do that?
You can use shortcodes in the Custom Template field with the WordPress post formatting option applied. Are you trying to use them in another field?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
As of writing this post, MARKETERS DELIGHT 5.1 is now available for download! Read the full announcement post for the exciting details, and get into the MD5.1 changelog to see what's new under the hood.

Last edited:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
This is excellent @Alex. Need to figure out how to pull the teasers onto the homepage now.
Glad you like the new features and I see you have been quick to implement them!

You can make the blog your homepage in Settings > Reading and choose/unchoose the front page and blog page.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Try hitting the refresh button at the top of the Customizer - sometimes the live preview doesn't show the shortcode at first.

jonathanrowntree

MD customer
Reaction score
Website
genty.co.uk
Glad you like the new features and I see you have been quick to implement them!

You can make the blog your homepage in Settings > Reading and choose/unchoose the front page and blog page.
@Alex - I'm looking to place the latest 3-5 articles on the homepage, under the about content box. Similar to a design I had a few months ago but lost the code. Will work on it :)

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Well, I even published the popup and viewed it. Shortcode was showing as plain text.
I found the issue - using the wrong filter. I have fixed this for the upcoming MD5.1.1 maintenance release (changing wpautop( $fields['custom_template'] ) function to apply_filters( 'the_content', $fields['custom_template'] ) in all templates/popup-{$template}.php

@Alex - I'm looking to place the latest 3-5 articles on the homepage, under the about content box. Similar to a design I had a few months ago but lost the code. Will work on it :)
If you can remember some more details and post your progress in a thread in the Styles & Customization forum I'd be more than happy to help you fill in the blanks. :)

jonathanrowntree

MD customer
Reaction score
Website
genty.co.uk
I found the issue - using the wrong filter. I have fixed this for the upcoming MD5.1.1 maintenance release (changing wpautop( $fields['custom_template'] ) function to apply_filters( 'the_content', $fields['custom_template'] ) in all templates/popup-{$template}.php

If you can remember some more details and post your progress in a thread in the Styles & Customization forum I'd be more than happy to help you fill in the blanks. :)
Thanks @Alex - figured it out. Demo is with 2 blog posts but going to trial with up to 6 in a 3x2 formation.

Attachments

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Thanks @Alex - figured it out. Demo is with 2 blog posts but going to trial with up to 6 in a 3x2 formation.
Very good, did you write your own custom loop to do that? Would be curious to see the workflow you went through to make that happen!