How To Setup Default Email Form?

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
When I add an email form in my blog posts, this is how it looks like:

1589985664611.png
How can I customize the default text on the button and the default Email list it is associated with?

Instead of doing it manually with the options below every time I insert a new email form:
1589985724622.png

Maikel

MD support
Reaction score
This is not possible. It's not a translatable string at the moment. The reason behind this is probably because you can change it manually for every form (what you don't want 😅 ).

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Thanks @Maikel

This is really counter-productive in the sense that a content creator might need to implement the same default optin dozen or hundred of times.

I am asking the MD team to please take this into consideration and improve this for the next release. Thank you.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
We don't need to make this is a feature because it is already implemented by the Blocks Editor. Consider looking at the "Reusable blocks" feature to do this. Once you create a block as you want it you can go to its Block settings to make it reusable. and will be able to reference it everywhere else.

Once you change it in one place, it will change everywhere else, and that includes the custom settings MD has added to the Block.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
Every time I try to add a new optin, I need to manually retranslate everything.
Look:

1590315426919.png
Could you please make sure that the default text can be translated to be language-specific at the bare minimum?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I think the issue here is that the admin settings screen uses one instance of the __( 'Enter your name...', 'md );, etc. string and the frontend uses another instance. So if you've translated it on the frontend, it will be translated there, but if in the admin, it will also have to be translated.

This is considered a bug since there should only be one set of strings, and is an optimization we have on our list to make though not a high priority.