• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Guide to XFtoWP 1.2 Beta 2

MD.com

The Messenger
Reaction score
XFtoWP 1.2 Beta 2 is now available, and offers more expansive and consistent user syncing, smarter automated actions, and the first eCommerce plugin integration! See what’s new:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Please use this thread to share your experience with XFtoWP 1.2 Beta 2 and how the new user syncing capabilities are working for you. This is still beta software and some features are missing or incomplete, and all feedback is encouraged to get them right for the stable release. Thanks for your support!

Comment

thunderclap82

Reaction score
So far the update is working nicely, however I am experiencing an issue when syncing WP posts to Xenforo threads. This actually happened with Beta 1 but forgot to mention it. I'm using the default code when syncing posts to threads.
Is there a way to have the entire post, including pictures, just be in the thread instead of a Read Full Article link?

Untitled.png

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
So far the update is working nicely, however I am experiencing an issue when syncing WP posts to Xenforo threads. This actually happened with Beta 1 but forgot to mention it. I'm using the default code when syncing posts to threads.
Is there a way to have the entire post, including pictures, just be in the thread instead of a Read Full Article link?

View attachment 3140
Glad to hear the beta is going smoothly so far! Wasn't expecting to hear an issue about thread comments but that's no problem!

Hmm, it look like the excerpt text ("continue reading") has been modified to include some HTML. The XF bbcode parser doesn't seem to like much HTML posted in these areas, which is also why I have been unable to create a full post content variable as images and other HTML are blocked by the API for some reason. I will try to investigate why the HTML comes from the read more link and get back to you.

Comment

thunderclap82

Reaction score
Throwing out another registration plugin you might want to incorporate when you have time: Pie Register. It does everything I need in the basic version (i.e. username, email, password, email verification w/ limited days to verify). Or you could always add a basic registration feature to your plugin that piggybacks the default WP one, just add some extra safety measures in it. :) I'd pay a little extra for that feature.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Throwing out another registration plugin you might want to incorporate when you have time: Pie Register. It does everything I need in the basic version (i.e. username, email, password, email verification w/ limited days to verify). Or you could always add a basic registration feature to your plugin that piggybacks the default WP one, just add some extra safety measures in it. :) I'd pay a little extra for that feature.
Funny enough I already have a simple register form created for a client who needed this exact functionality from XFtoWP, so I will have to release it. :)

I am curious though - does user sync work when you create a new user from the Pie Register admin? I have never heard of the plugin but from my testing most plugins use the standard WP user registration system in some way, which XFtoWP hooks into.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Agh, got ahead of myself. Luckily they won't be too hard to add into the plugin's sights. Since you've remained so active here and helpful I will look into BuddyPress next.

Comment

thunderclap82

Reaction score
From my perspective BuddyPress isn’t necessary (unless others are asking for it) if you’re incorporating your own registration settings (verifying email with a custom number of days to very before the account is deleted, and have reCaptcha and/or hCaptcha) or you incorporate Pie Register. The reason for this is Pie Register does what is needed without an additional plug-in like BuddyPress. It might save some work on your end.

Comment

mjose

Reaction score
is it possible to sync past comments at the posts answers?
i bought this thinking its possible to convert all post comments to forums threads.

regards

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
It looks like you’re getting ready to release the final version of 1.2. What can we look forward to in the final release?
Yes, all is looking well for at least release candidate 1 next week. :) The full release will include more polishing of the user sync features, the ability to sync multiple forum accounts to a user, as well as a front end manual verify form, similar to Xenforo.com and also how you verified your account on XFtoWP.com. It is optional to use.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
is it possible to sync past comments at the posts answers?
i bought this thinking its possible to convert all post comments to forums threads.

regards
No, that is not a stated feature of the plugin. You can show forum replies as blog comments on WordPress.

Comment