• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Googiehost is now on MD!

gauravtiwari

Blogger
Reaction score
Website
gauravtiwari.org
Googiehost is a free hosting provider and a blog on hosting, blogging & marketing based in Lucknow, India.

It has two parts, googiehost.com and googiehost.com/blog

This first one is a static website coded in HTML (and somewhere PHP), while Blog is built on WordPress.

I used MD to first redesign the Blog part and then used the generated stylesheet + some custom css on static parts of the googiehost.

googiehost.com is built entirely on MD's helper classes as instructed here: https://marketersdelight.com/style-guide/

This is the homepage of Googiehost:

1621740260020.png

It uses system-ui fontstack as of now but will be switching to proxima nova when we buy a license.

Next is the Googiehost Blog:
1621740548284.png
:)

Feedback appreciated.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi Gaurav, you have outdone yourself with this one! I like the bright colors you use across your designs and this one is no exception. I see you have a lot of .html pages, are those also custom too just reusing WordPress/MD scripts and styles? Most of the websites I manage for myself and clients use custom templates too, though I always keep them within the confines of the WordPress "pretty links" structure.

googiehost.com is built entirely on MD's helper classes as instructed here: https://marketersdelight.com/style-guide/
How do you like using helper classes? I hope they saved you from writing a lot of extra CSS. :)

From a design perspective, my suggestion would be to tighten up the spacing and get the alignments on the edges of the site correct. I see some elements have inner padding, where others rest perfectly at the edge of the inner container.

The biggest spacing improvement I see is on the hero, where I think a lot of space is wasted and it could look much improved by at least centering the content as shown here:

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 12.57.48 PM.png

From a conversion optimization perspective, I really don't have anything to add as you did a great job of highlighting the call to actions and the design is inviting enough that you want to dig in. So well done there.

Some random other thoughts:
  1. The "Pro Hosting" top level nav link directing to a whole other site is pretty off-putting and confused me when I found myself offsite
  2. I get brought to a whole other looking site when I found this page. It looks good, but again looks like I'm on a different website
  3. The mobile menu and some other scripts are broken, possibly due to over optimization? Here are the error logs showing in my console:
    Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 12.48.43 PM.png
Overall, well done and I hope the company is benefiting from their fast and conversion optimized design. :)

Comment