• Hey! Welcome to the MD community. Post your pre-sale questions and comments below and a member of the MD staff will reply back to you shortly.
  • Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Forum Registration on Wordpress Page?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi @IMCD, this isn't possible with our plugin but it is easy to add XenForo registration to any WP registration form. Plus with custom fields mapping you will be able to gather any user data from WP and pass it to the registered user on XenForo.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Cool, do you have any references for this? I did a little digging and couldn't find anything.
To clarify, you can trigger user registration in XF through any WP register form but that is not the same as embedding an XF register form into WP, which was your original question.

I don't have a tutorial on that but I'd be glad to do a writeup and assist you as you go. Are you a developer?

Comment

IMCD

Reaction score
To clarify, you can trigger user registration in XF through any WP register form but that is not the same as embedding an XF register form into WP, which was your original question.

I don't have a tutorial on that but I'd be glad to do a writeup and assist you as you go. Are you a developer?
Just a site owner. Was looking into implementing your plugin. We want to have our home page set up as a registration screen and have the accounts created in xenforo.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Just a site owner. Was looking into implementing your plugin. We want to have our home page set up as a registration screen and have the accounts created in xenforo.
Gotcha. Are you using any plugins to capture registrations such as WooCommerce, MemberPress, Easy Digital Downloads, etc.? Any custom registration form outside of the default WP register flows (WP admin > Users > Add New and wp-register.php requires minor custom development to send to XenForo.

Comment

IMCD

Reaction score
Nope, everything is out of the box in regards to the wordpress registration process.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Nope, everything is out of the box in regards to the wordpress registration process.
Cool, the default XFtoWP user sync settings cover all out of the box WP register forms once you enable these simple options, including updating password/email across sites.

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 3.05.54 PM.png

Meaning if you send them to wp-register.php, no further development is needed to also trigger the XF registration. If you build a custom register form on the frontend I can guide you through adding the XF register trigger.

Comment

IMCD

Reaction score
Okay so a follow-up to this now that I have the plugin installed.

Is it me or is there no way to sync users from XF to WP? The only way one can log in on WP is with a WP account that was created in WP? But then those accounts can be synced on registration to a XF usergroup?

Comment

IMCD

Reaction score
I will clarify that my ideal setup would:

1. Allow xenforo login or registration from wp widget
2. Recognize xenforo login session on wp widget

Not sure if this is possible out of the box.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Is it me or is there no way to sync users from XF to WP?
The current development focus is a bulk sync tool that allows you to import existing XF users into your WP site. That is unreleased but scheduled for October.

The only way one can log in on WP is with a WP account that was created in WP? But then those accounts can be synced on registration to a XF usergroup?
Once a user registers their account is created in XF, and if you setup user actions to promote new registrations to a user group they will also be added to those groups at the same time.

Currently if you enable the "redirect after login" option the user who logs into WP will be automatically logged into XF and redirected there. In XFtoWP 1.3, which will be released first, we are introducing a new method to help users login to both sites as well.
I will clarify that my ideal setup would:

1. Allow xenforo login or registration from wp widget
2. Recognize xenforo login session on wp widget

Not sure if this is possible out of the box.
Not sure what you mean about the widgets here.

Comment

IMCD

Reaction score
The current development focus is a bulk sync tool that allows you to import existing XF users into your WP site. That is unreleased but scheduled for October.

How would the accounts created on xf be handled? Right now it only syncs from wp to xf.

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
How would the accounts created on xf be handled? Right now it only syncs from wp to xf.
Correct, the bulk process tool can also send information to XF accounts through the use of Custom User Fields. From there we can store info like the WP user ID, last sync time, WP user group, what product ID they purchased, etc. etc.

Comment

IMCD

Reaction score
Correct, the bulk process tool can also send information to XF accounts through the use of Custom User Fields. From there we can store info like the WP user ID, last sync time, WP user group, what product ID they purchased, etc. etc.
Okay but bulk process once means every time somebody registers on xf, they can't log in on wp.

Comment