Dropins Pre-Installed

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more - a Dropins Manager is a top 3 priority for the next big feature release. Import/export like plugins and also with auto updates is KEY!

Watch how seamlessly existing Dropins will... drop right in. :cool:

Curious to hear your ideas into the potential of that system.

Reactions: Ray

Ray

MD advocate
Reaction score
Website
library66.com
Curious to hear your ideas into the potential of that system.
As always, I think you're spot on. If they're as easy to install as a plugin, that would be dope. Having them preinstalled would put a little more weight on sites that aren't using them, so an "install" system makes the most sense.

The new Forums look really slick. Everything is "on brand" ha!

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
As always, I think you're spot on. If they're as easy to install as a plugin, that would be dope. Having them preinstalled would put a little more weight on sites that aren't using them, so an "install" system makes the most sense.

The new Forums look really slick. Everything is "on brand" ha!
The fun part and why I've sort of rushed the Dropins idea out the door is because they are already such lightweight files on top of an extremely lightweight theme to begin with that the "bloat" was worth it!

But as MD expands I always like to pause and clean things up too and the Dropins manager idea is that stop. Thankfully those pit stops have allowed MD to grow exponentially, and the next big feature releases including the Dropins Manager are the ones that will really start to make things go POP!

Reactions: Ray