Documentation Pages

DesignedforPixels

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a new user of the Marketers Delight theme and so far I am loving everything about it. I am a developer and have played around with all of the major options for creating WordPress websites such as Divi, Thrive, Elementor, DIY Themes (Focus), and many more! I have always hated page builders, but love being able to add code snippets, and the Dropins are great - already have the page block up and running! For me the power of MD is it's flexibility and the features e.g. opt-ins, sharing, all there, ready to go! Love it!

I have a quick question. One of my websites provides in-depth documentation for clients, much like the documentation on the MD website. At the moment I am using the 'BSF docs' plugin, which works great but doesn't really fit in with the MD look. So my question is can I reproduce the documentation look and feel from the MD website? Obviously I would style it and change the format, but is the widget in the sidebar, the accordion something that can be reproduced?

Thanks for your help.

Gary

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hey Gary, I am really glad to hear your like the concept anI am looking forward to seeing what you are building with MD. :) The best part is there is a lot more still to come, especially in the realm of MD dropins and continuing to expand our own documentation and video series. :)

I have a quick question. One of my websites provides in-depth documentation for clients, much like the documentation on the MD website. At the moment I am using the 'BSF docs' plugin, which works great but doesn't really fit in with the MD look. So my question is can I reproduce the documentation look and feel from the MD website? Obviously I would style it and change the format, but is the widget in the sidebar, the accordion something that can be reproduced?

Do you have an example of the plugin on your site? It is possible we can adjust the MD layout to make it fit better, or even write a hook to more properly integrate it into MD's templates.

Fortunately the docs section on MD.com has been built as a custom dropin and there are plans to polish it up and release it to the Dropins directory. :) Other forum members here have expressed interest in the Docs as well so it is definitely something we are considering for a weekly release.

The accordion script and styles are already included in the scripts.js file but the actualized auto-widget you see on the Docs pages is part of the dropin right now, but will most likely be released as an official MD widget.

Reactions: Ray
Comment

mkw

MD customer
Reaction score
Fortunately the docs section on MD.com has been built as a custom dropin and there are plans to polish it up and release it to the Dropins directory

+1 from me. I would like to create such Doc page at my blog and do not want to invest in other knowledge base soft. Would be great to have such Dropin :)

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
+1 from me. I would like to create such Doc page at my blog and do not want to invest in other knowledge base soft. Would be great to have such Dropin :)

Thank you, this will be released sooner than you think! :)

Comment