Click-to-Tweet for Facebook: Any solution or even a manual MD alternative?

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
I guess everyone here knows what Click-to-Tweet is.
Example:
1589019296640.png

Does anyone know a simular pluggin for Facebook?
I would like my visitors to be share to Facebook...

...QUOTES
... and even small INSERT including a question + a quote + a VISUAL (image, 15-sec video clip, or 30 sec audio). Here is an example:

1589019470413.png
The limit with this MD feature is that it will publish the whole POST and URL. The thumbnail won't even display the right image or text.
This is NOT what the visitors/people want.
They just want to share that nice image they liked OR that specific quotes that resonated for them at the time they were reading, as opposed to sharing the whole article.

Are there existing plugging to do so?
Is there a manual workaround to do so with MD?

Thanks so much.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
This is a great enhancement and one that should be made to the Share Notice block you have outlined. I have been preparing MD5.1.1 and have added this to the wishlist for inclusion.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
1/ I dreamt about it. I kept talking about it. I now want to use it @Alex! :)
MD5.11: Does it mean we'll get this by the end of May?

a - Can you please make sure it will be compliant with Facebook and Pinterest?

b - Also, it would extremely nice if this feature could be applied or combined with any block. For example, I would like to apply it for a picture coming with a quote on, just as a specific block with a relevant idea, or to a real quote like this one:

1589638757614.png

2/ I don't want to add more work here (lol), but I am sure there is something to be thought about with respect to an automatic way to embed a video or an audio file in a post (blog, or the Stream) and have it being automatically published to YT or a podcast platform at the same time.

The ideas here?

Automate and gain time while keeping your blog the absolute single-source of favor to attract your fans like magnets to it.

Last edited:

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
This is a great enhancement and one that should be made to the Share Notice block you have outlined. I have been preparing MD5.1.1 and have added this to the wishlist for inclusion.
@Alex, have you seen my message just above?

I have just finalized a long 4,000 words post and it includes a (hopefully) nice Pinterest-ready image. I would like people to click the image to share it directy to Pinterest. This tactic will definitely be part of my trafic generation strategy and I would like my visitors to share it as easily as they can on this blog:

1590354303517.png

Can you please confirm that MD will offer this VERY soon in the coming weeks? If not, what (free) plugin does the MD recommend to do just like on the blog I mentionned? I trus you so if you advise me a plugin, I trust it to be reliable and compliant with MD.