• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Fixed Bug: Three dots at the end of scheduled thread content even when the excerpt option is filled

Andro

Client
Reaction score
If a Schedule a thread is posted, excerpt used on the thread having three dots (...) at the end of thread content. How to remove those three dots when excerpt option is filled and use the three dots only when excerpt content is taken from post body?

The three dots on content for excerpt issue doesn't affect the Create thread option which shows up after a post is published.

Last edited:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the post! I just pushed XFtoWP 1.1.3 which hard filters the most commonly used excerpt trail such as ... and [...]. This will also remove any instances of those strings from the rest of the excerpt, but since excerpts are generally short there is little chance of conflict.

Comment

Andro

Client
Reaction score
Two bugs in the latest release:

1. The 1.1.3 update broke my site's post listings by line breaking the ... ending into a separate line.

2. Forum threads now adding additional gap between excerpt and permalink which doesn't look good.

I have shared more details of these issues in private.

Last edited:
Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Two bugs in the latest release:

1. The 1.1.3 update broke my site's post listings by line breaking the ... ending into a separate line.

2. Forum threads now adding additional gap between excerpt and permalink which doesn't look good.

I have shared more details of these issues in private.
Turns out there was a user error here, no bugs to be found. :)

Comment