Beta

thunderclap82

Reaction score
Will beta versions be made available to active subscribers? As we've discussed on Xenforo forum, I'm nearly ready to migrate from MyBB to Xenforo and the one thing I'm waiting on is the sync option that will be available soon in this plugin.

And I'll echo others here and in the thread on Xenforo that I'd prefer the Xenforo registration over Wordpress, but at the moment I'll take what I can get. :)

And while registration is done through WP, would an add-on like this for Xenforo still be usable, not for registration but for multiple account detection?

Thanks.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Thanks for posting here @thunderclap82, glad to have you here. I am aiming to have the beta version using the built-in WP register system by next week and from there I intend to gather more feedback about what other plugins people are using to register on the WP site.

And I'll echo others here and in the thread on Xenforo that I'd prefer the Xenforo registration over Wordpress, but at the moment I'll take what I can get. :)
I can understand the demand and since this is a WP plugin it will have to be handled through WordPress as you know. With eCommerce and membership platforms I personally see this being the more valuable use case but I'd love to hear the case for the alternative.

And while registration is done through WP, would an add-on like this for Xenforo still be usable, not for registration but for multiple account detection?
For the more serious use cases of user sync I would recommend disabling registration on the XenForo side and handling it solely through WordPress, where the plugin will send new account and account update information. I specifically handle duplicate account checks on the WordPress and XenForo side in the plugin so that addon may not be necessary.

Comment