• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

Auto create threads?

stephanwhelan

Reaction score
Hi there - loving the plugin. As we are testing we'd like to see if we can auto-create all post threads in a specific forum. We don't want to have to set it for every specific post. Is that possible?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hey Stephan, glad you are finding some success with the plugin. :)

Are you referring to existing posts from your WordPress site to be auto published to your forum?

Comment

def_rocks

Reaction score
Hey Stephan, glad you are finding some success with the plugin. :)

Are you referring to existing posts from your WordPress site to be auto published to your forum?

I would love this to be possible for every new article / thread we create.

Comment

Andro

Client
Reaction score
I think what the OP meant was to provide an admin setting to enable auto create of threads on post publish under a specific forum without the need of per post configuration of schedule/create thread. He isn't asking to create threads for existing posts but for the future ones.

I like the idea. So here are my additional inputs to enhance the feature if this is included:

- A per author based turn off option for auto thread creation, not every author wants their every WP post to be auto posted on the forums
- If an author don't want his WP post get auto posted on the forums, an option to unschedule the thread auto thread creation during WP post drafting
- It is important to have a notice shown on WP post publish page (preferably under XF thread meta box) mentioning 'XF thread will be auto created once you publish the WP post'. It will also work as a warning note to the authors so they won't end up creating auto threads unknowingly

Last edited:
Comment

Solari

Reaction score
Agreed, coming from Discourse, it was possible to have new threads automatically created whenever a new Wordpress post was published. Would be nice to have this option on XFtoWP and reduce an extra step needed (that could be forgotten at times).

One way to do this is to have an Auto-post to forum option checked on by default on the WP post publish page that way we can at least uncheck it for those times we don't want to auto-post to the forums.

Thanks!
Ray

Comment