• Welcome to the official support community for the Marketers Delight WordPress theme. Most content here is private and to ask questions, get official support, and network with other WordPress users please register and verify your forum account to start posting today.

API check fields.

opholdings

Reaction score
How to check the minimal api fields needed for xenforo + wordpress authentication and comment integration? Guest, user, super user?

Attachments

• api-screenshot.png
    api-screenshot.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 2

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Hi @opholdings, thanks for your patience with my reply!

Thread comments:
  • thread:read - connect to existing threads
  • thread:write - create new threads
User syncing:
  • alert:write, conversation:write - (optional) to send on User actions
  • user:read, user:write - (required) to create new users and connect to existing users
  • user:delete - (optional) to also delete XF users when WP users are deleted
  • auth, auth:login_token - (optional) to auto login users to XF from WP
The following permissions are only available to Super user keys:
  • alert:write
  • auth
  • auth:login_token
You should be able to use user:read and user:write without a regular User key, but if not, turn it back to a Super user key. Only in the most minimal cases—even when only using Thread comments—I always recommend a User key over a Guest key.

The API user you have as the User key should be in the Registered usergroup with as little permissions as possible. I go to XF admin > Groups & permissions > Administrators and assign the "Edit and manage user capabilities", which is the only on-forum permission required to use XFtoWP User syncing.

Comment

opholdings

Reaction score
Tired of playing around. Lets try again step by step. I want to connect users wordpress and xenforo. Xenforo comments to replace wordpress comments.

Do I need to make a new user?
Groups & permissions > Administrators and assign the "Edit and manage user capabilities" - Edit and manage is not one of the options.

No xenforo comments on my wp comments

No create thread on the wp post create screen.

Do you have an install service?

Comment

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Tired of playing around. Lets try again step by step. I want to connect users wordpress and xenforo. Xenforo comments to replace wordpress comments.

Do I need to make a new user?
Groups & permissions > Administrators and assign the "Edit and manage user capabilities" - Edit and manage is not one of the options.

No xenforo comments on my wp comments

No create thread on the wp post create screen.

Do you have an install service?

Recommended steps:

1) Create new registered user with strong password
2) Go to Groups & permissions > Administrators and add this user as an Admin
3) Set "Manage users and moderators" and save
4) Setup API key as Super user with thread:read, thread:write, user:write, user:read. Optional but recommended: conversation:write, alert:write
5) Follow prompts in XFtoWP WP admin, and also enter the user ID in the super user field in these settings

If that doesn't help send me a PM and I'd be happy to install and setup the plugin for you.

Comment