• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shanefranklin

shanefranklin

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Hi, I am using Marketers Delight for my site redesign. http://www.shaneandkimfranklin.com
Loving the skin.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
-Shane

#2 Sean Davis

Sean Davis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Shane, I'm glad to see you have everything up and running!

A couple of tips...

1. I would be easy on the teasers and share buttons. Almost no one shares from a teaser because, well, they haven't read anything yet. So, you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to have those buttons on the home page. The also show a lot of 1s and 0s, which is bad for social proof. I tend to hide the lack of activity on my sites until it increases.

2. Also, your header image looks a little fuzzy. Is that the highest quality you can get from whatever program you used to create it?
I no longer work for Kolakube! Alex is still my buddy and all is good in the hood. But please don't private message me for help. Thanks. :)

#3 shanefranklin

shanefranklin

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Sean! I will take a look at both of those. Definitely let me know if you think there is anything else to clean it up.
Do you think it is better to have a site wide feature opt-in at the top or on the top of the sidebar?

Thanks!
-Shane

#4 Sean Davis

Sean Davis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

If you take a look at my main blog, Success On My Mind (my own custom design, not Kolakube), you'll see that I actually like to switch it up to whatever makes the most sense from page to page.

On the homepage, I have my optin big and bold in the Feature Box. But on single post pages, and regular pages, I throw it in the sidebar. I use PHP to do this.

While it's not 100% necessary, I like to think of each page on my website as an individual website with a specific purpose. So, different pages have different needs.
I no longer work for Kolakube! Alex is still my buddy and all is good in the hood. But please don't private message me for help. Thanks. :)

#5 shanefranklin

shanefranklin

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for the advice!

#6 mrbrady

mrbrady

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

Nice job. I like the fact that it's straight forward application of MD2 but all of your elements suit it so well that it doesn't feel like MD2.

My only criticism is the social bar at the top.

#7 bjjinchicago

bjjinchicago

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

shane, i noticed your site looks really similar to the layout on smartpassiveincome w/ pat flynn. what tools did you use to create the design?

#8 shanefranklin

shanefranklin

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

Thanks, That is definitely the look and feel I was going for. I didn't use any tools really. MD2 and Thesis, along with Sean and Alex's help made it pretty easy.

#9 mediventure

mediventure

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hey, Nicely done and you two make a perfect couple - same interests and passion, I suppose! All the best

Dr. Lawrence Kindo
http://www.quinny-zapp-xtra.com

Edited by mediventure, 10 June 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#10 justincaron

justincaron

Advanced Member

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

The site looks really good, one of the better MD2 implementations I must say

1 small suggestion: Use Blog article images above or below your article titles. People won't read a page full of text, but if an image catches their attention, then they will read the text

Here's what I've done with my blog as an example: http://justincaron.com/blog

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marketers Delight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users