• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alex

Alex

Staff

• Admin
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:18 AM

For many of us, web design was something we got into either at an early age or picked up as a hobby. For some of us, we've turned it into a way to earn a living and make money, and others have kept their skills sharp enough to keep their own websites up to date.

However you use web design should work best for you as it's not something everybody can truly do. The focus, concentration, and persistence it takes to get the seemingly mundane details of a blog or sales site right will bore most, where I think a person who can combine those 3 skills with a systems kind of thinking will shine.

So my question is, what is web design for you, and what has it meant in your own life?

I can say that for me, it's almost all I've ever known (which sounds funny to say). I started my first blog when I was 15 but already had 2-3 years of amateur design experience creating forums and other things in Photoshop.

From there I learned more about coding and created more and more sophisticated designs. Soon I turned from pretty design into the more gritty technical details and started to learn programming.

...I'm sure you can read the MD site to learn the rest, but programming has been something I've done for over a decade and has shaped my own life and way of thinking more than, well, anything else I can think of.

In many ways for the better, but some challenges have come up along the way; sometimes financially, personally, and believe it or not, morally.

To me it's a deep and ever changing topic, and I'm glad to have found it and immersed myself in it for so long.

I think we have a unique opportunity in human history to pursue this medium called the web, and even make a living and find a sense of purpose from it.

I could go on, but I think I'll give you the floor with a simple question...

What do you see?

- Alex
Check out the MD blog or follow me on Twitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users