What are you working on?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to see what some of your daily workflows looks like and share mine, so let's use this thread to simply post what we are working on today.

I'll start: today I went into the offices of a client and worked from there. I won't go into the details of the project but it requires me to build a totally custom theme, which makes this the first non-MD project I have taken on in years!

I have already implemented some of what I've learned from building a theme from scratch in MD4.9.4 and have enjoyed taking a fresh look at the custom build process again.

What about you?

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
It's the 4th of July in the states and I have some downtime, so digging into MD Popups. Like I mentioned in the News thread I am looking to release this as its own update and rebrand the email, popups, and future features to MD Optins afterwards. I just want to keep the updates coming and get your hands on the awesome new popups builder in MD4.9.5.

Edit: and a few hours later the live preview experience has been heavily refined and responds very quickly to your changes. It is so refreshing to see changes update instantly without refreshing, heh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

MD advocate
Reaction score
Website
library66.com
Skipping the beach and bbq's this (4th of July) weekend.

• Instead I'll complete an audit of my clients e-course. 
  • Finish reading 'Built To Last' by Jim Collins
  • Continue setting up a Group Benefits marketplace where businesses/companies will pay for access to specific groups. It's like Groupon - with a twist. I already have 2 co's signed-up, now it's time to get this thing up and running.
  • Time permitting (on Sunday), I'll create a few custom sidebars for my main site.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Continue setting up a Group Benefits marketplace where businesses/companies will pay for access to specific groups. It's like Groupon - with a twist. I already have 2 co's signed-up, now it's time to get this thing up and running.
I am definitely curious about this one-part of Raylosophy?

-----

An early one for me today. Looking to knock out a ton of client work by 10am, get some sun, then back on for some Premium MD projects, then find some time for MD Popups. Will update back with what I actually did when all is said and done.

• Created a testimonials page for MD using the Testimonials Dropin (link on showcase page). Will now have a quick and easy way to add testimonials to this page as they come in. I added a custom sidebar with links back to blog reviews too.
  • Redesigned the Members area for simpler navigation, removed old resources, and added new Dropins listing. Check it out!
  • Updated the design of the Changelog page
  • Moved the blog to Marketersdelight.com/blog, put landing back to front page
  • tweaked a bunch of copy, adjusted spacing on landing page
  • Added Bitcoin as an accepted payment for MD... lets see how this goes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

MD advocate
Reaction score
Website
library66.com
I like seeing MDs landing page as the front page.

Incidentally, the footer 'Blog' link still redirects to your landing page (marketersdelight.com)

As far as my the Group Benefits Marketplace - it's separate from Raylosophy. 

I'm using Group Rewards Plus dot com for Los Angeles Groups and Businesses.

The business proposition is pretty simple.

I'll get group organizers (Los Angeles Fire Department, National Audubon Society, or a local Fitness Gym, etc) to sign-up for free access to deals, discounts, and offers from businesses that they want to get deals from. They'll tell me what they want, and I'll reach out to those types of businesses - customers in hand - to see if they're interested in offering a short-run, or long-term discount.

Each group will have their own page, and businesses will be able to pay for placement on a group pages. The cost for each business will largely depend on how long they want placement and the size of the group.

The plan is to set it up and hire someone to run the day-to-day.

I'm also putting together a less intense version of this for startups and online businesses.

Just staying busy.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Busy week ahead, starting one day at a time:
  1. Training company on how to use custom WordPress software I created for them last year
  2. Billing clients
  3. Putting together bug report list for MD5.1.1 and wrangling a newsletter together for tomorrow with contributions from the MD staff

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Good morning. On today's list:
  1. Beta test MD5.1.1 on various sites
  2. Integrate custom design from mockup into MD5.1.1
  3. Cleaned out the bug reports forum to reflect new fixes :)
  4. Write release post

Last edited:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
  1. MD5.1.1 launch post 90% finished, lots of good stuff for you guys
  2. Last minute bug testing
  3. Worked on custom design
  4. Heading into a client training call
  5. Tweaked the forum layout, re-added Stream link, and updated documentation articles

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
1. Still trying to unblock destinationmind.com on Facebook.
2. Meditating on my niche positioning.
3. Trying to survive stomach ache due to unsafe fish food (sorry for that guys).
4. Testing my micro content production process.

Reactions: Ray

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
3. Trying to survive stomach ache due to unsafe fish food (sorry for that guys).
I thought the last thread of yours I replied to smelled weird. :sick:

-----
  1. Recording training videos for a client. Giving me the experience to do the same for MD videos once done, watch out. :cool:
  2. Finished the MD5.1.1 post and trying not to hit the publish button until testing is done
  3. Hopefully complete testing by tonight

Maikel

MD support
Reaction score
1. My accounting is lagging behind big time. My old accountant always had an excuse why he needed more time. Need to fix that asap with my brand new accountant.
2. Worked on some small projects for some of my clients that are reopening again now it's possible here in the Netherlands.
3. Made a decision. I just decided to start creating WordPress tutorials video's in English (on YouTube). It's not my main language, but speaking should be alright. I also want to create a website (with MD), but that would be more video's than text. Want to release 30 video's. After that i will see if it's worth my time. :)
4. Going to watch another episode of Mr. Robot now and get some rest.

Ray

MD advocate
Reaction score
Website
library66.com
3. Made a decision. I just decided to start creating WordPress tutorials video's in English (on YouTube). It's not my main language, but speaking should be alright. I also want to create a website (with MD), but that would be more video's than text. Want to release 30 video's. After that i will see if it's worth my time. :)
This project has YouTube Video Gallery written all over it!

Ray

MD advocate
Reaction score
Website
library66.com
1. Negotiating the sale of my domain portfolio.
2. Market research on how I want to distribute my 1st paid offering for Library66.
3. Thank you emails to Valero Energy & Bank of America for turning down my consulting proposal.
4. Thank you email to 3M for accepting my proposal.

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
This project has YouTube Video Gallery written all over it!
*scrambles to update videos page*

Magic Loops does the layout very nicely your videos are probably much better. :p

Send over any other ideas and I can make a quick dropin update.

lovefightwrite

MD customer
Reaction score
Website
alextucker.ca
Suffering from some procrastination today, but it's 6:57AM and I've already...
  • Put out fires among the staff of a forum I volunteer on
  • Taken my medication (and coffee)
  • Worked on a short story I'm writing
  • Worked on an article for my blog
  • Planned content for the next two months
  • Taken several breaks to step outside
I get up early. Feeling a nap oncoming soon!

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Suffering from some procrastination today, but it's 6:57AM and I've already...
  • Put out fires among the staff of a forum I volunteer on
  • Taken my medication (and coffee)
  • Worked on a short story I'm writing
  • Worked on an article for my blog
  • Planned content for the next two months
  • Taken several breaks to step outside
I get up early. Feeling a nap oncoming soon!
Very nice work! Those morning hours are golden and usually peak productivity for me. What forum do you volunteer at if you don't mind me asking? I hope there's still time in the day to work with MD on your site. ;)

I slept in today since the week left me fairly sleep deprived (it is also now coffee time), and here's what's on the agenda:
  • Work on a fun side project
  • Write another doc article or two (published one last night)
  • Watch the forums/refine MD5.1.1