Fixed Third party MailerLite > All statistics are wrong

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
I have invested big time in sharing my experience about the MailerLite and MD integration, trying to make it work for the best of all, but I now feel kind of lost... and confused.

So I'm sharing this post to hopefully find a solution.

In one sentence, what's my issueT
All my stats are wrong.

Here is a concrete example, that is, an extract from my MailerLite account:
1592260515959.png
How is that possible: 35 subscribers out of 20 visitors?
Wow, I'm the best marketer on Planet Earth and I can prove it: See, my landing page converts at 100% ratio.

I would love that. But what I would love even more is the capacity to get proper and reliable metrics.
I'm not a developer but I don't see why it should not feasible. People have self-driving cars, so I assume connecting 2 web platforms should be technically feasible. I just need someone to confirm that and make it work, be it on ML or MD sites.

Metrics are essential to run your business. You can't improve what you can't measure.

@Alex , not sure if you have had time to check your personal emails, but I have shared my correspondence with the ML support team. Hopefully, you will come up with some good news.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
I have seen your emails and will review what I can. When we integrate email forms into MD we take every measure possible to replicate the baseline form HTML and scripts the mail provider offers so I will see if anything was missed though I'm not sure that's the reason for the weird reports.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
@Alex thanks for acknowledging the weird reports that make no sense and are then unusable to drive your business.

I can help bout the technical integration except having promoted both brands to each others and pushed my ideas and bugs on both side but I would not find illegitimate for you to complain to them if you're missing info access to make the integration properly work.

Another thing, did you know that those pluggins exist:

1592400435542.png

To me it makes no sense of using them and I initially selected MD as a theme for it enables to manage optins (forms, popups) all in one place. But may be you can find some info there and see why the integration does not work in mimicking their own App. Sorry if I'm sharing useless thoughts, just trying to help.

For now, my metrics look like Is there a pilot onboard my Blog?

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
You mean to my list? I gut over 500 people and yes, they have received 3 emails from me.

But my issue is on my optins. I have no way to know how my different optins convert, which one is useless, which one is useful, the conversion rates... well I'm repeating what I just described above, sharing the screenshot, so I'd better stop.

[PS: I assume you must speak French like I code javacript but you can check this:
]

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
It's true I have no idea what you're saying but I sure can feel it. Congratulations my friend you have truly gone to the next level with this video. 💪

I took one closer look into MailerLite's embed codes and found something that looked immensely important for tracking—a pixel tracker, to be specific—and have hooked it into MD's integration.

And I packaged it into MD5.1.2 which you can now update to to get it added. It's a relatively small update and only accounts for a few minor additional changes:

From here we will have to see if your email stats get more accurate but this looks very likely to be what was missing.

Some French Dude

SomeFrenchDude
Reaction score
1/ Wow, that sounds like great news.
But I can't update, look:
1592905454990.png

2/ Also, have you tested their Wordpress Apps? Are there things you can mimick and integrate into MD from them?
I'm saying for I would like us to avoid being always in a state or feeling of 'running after the ball', likebeing always 1 or 2 steps behind MailerLite, which would create such limits or even bugs. But I may be totally wrong with this and just expressing my fears out of my past experience with the MD-ML experience.

3/ My first YT videos generated over 200 views. Small but encouraging for a first one. My only disappointment is for you guys in this forum (and esp. @Alex @Ray @Maikel and a few others) not being able to benefit from my content since it is in French.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray

Alex

MD developer
Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know, the update error is resolved and you are safe to go.

I'm saying for I would like us to avoid being always in a state or feeling of 'running after the ball', likebeing always 1 or 2 steps behind MailerLite, which would create such limits or even bugs. But I may be totally wrong with this and just expressing my fears out of my past experience with the MD-ML experience.
I have not, but there are a handful of enhancements I want to upgrade our email forms integrations to that will "catch us up" to these more advanced plugins. At the core, if you are getting subscribers and are able to easily place email forms around your site then MD's email forms are working as intended.

If you have any feedback about enhancements this is the thread to post them to: